Are your pigs flying, Cold Steel is making a knife out of state of the art materials

I've no pig err, dog in this fight but doesn't Toyota own Lexus?... ;)

The knife would've looked a lot better with a persian style trailing point IMO. :thumbup:

I'm not interested in this design, but like CS products. CS has a pretty good record of taking ordinary, basic steel and treating it to make it very good. The fit and finish on every CS product I've had has been great as well.

The sheath appears to be the standard SecureEx. It looks like what comes with the Kobun and Gurkha khuk. I have both of those and the sheaths seem very well made and plenty tough. This one, like the Gurkha, seems to offer plenty of mounting options via eyelet holes and lashing points. I love the Gurkha sheath. I'd love to see them using G10 more, like on their khuks. That would be cool! Take care.

The MSRP of the Zero Tolerance 0100 is even higher and it is made of the same materials. The hate and hypocrits never ceases to amaze me."Omg the Zt is AWESOME and at a good price for a chunck of 3V!!" " I wouldn't touch that Coldsteel 3v blade with a Ten Foot Pole!".

I just so happen not to be a big fan of cold steel, I just don't have any use for a large fixed blade.
There is nothing wrong with it. It's not my style cold steel makes a good product so dose ZT.

Exactly....

People seem to be getting way to carried away already comparing this knife to others when they haven't even seen it yet.....

Build quality and F&F could be excellent, right on par with others in similar price ranges, but then nobody knows until they get into peoples hands.

People shouldn't assume anything or they just might be eating crow....

Cold steel's higher end knives have never had issues with QC nearly as badly as anything out of other manufacturers to warrant the bad rep they receive.

Meh. I'm glad to see them using a higher end steel finally, but I find the design a little underwhelming.

there's supposed to be a whole Warcraft line, so at least it won't be only the tanto.

...The knife would've looked a lot better with a persian style trailing point IMO. :thumbup:

I agree. If it were something in the shape of CRKT James Williams Shinbu: I think it would be extremely difficult for me to resist!

3v is nice. The G10 is nice. The price is too high considering no one knows who made it. The whole tanto blade thing eludes me. Always has. I just don't see any practical use for it, but this is America, buy whatever you like. Might look at some other models when/if they come out.

I"d like to see it with a SRK blade.
Or even a SRK in 3v would be nice.

The price is too high considering no one knows who made it.
We don't know who makes many brands/models. Camillus (previously), Lamson, Ontario, Sanrenmu, Moki, Joti, Fantoni etc etc are/were the actual OEM manufacturers for many brands.

We know Crucible made the steel, and the pedigree of the G10 might have a 10% impact on price at most.

To follow Hardheart, CS is using Taiwan manufacturers these days primarily, and the knives are on par with anything by the big three as build quality goes.

The handle shape looks interesting, but the first thing I would have to do, if I were to get one at an acceptable price, would be to regrind that atrocious hack job of a tanto tip into something actually usable.

That has to be the blue ribbon winner for the Most Useless Blade Tip contest.

Not for me but glad to see they're going in the right direction. As for where its made, I'm sure we all have at least one knife in our homes that is not made in the U.S. At least the steel's from Crucible. Oh yeah, and God forbid that CS is encroaching on the premium mass produced knife market. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was thinking a little bit more "useful" would be nice. ;)

With the tanto tip and the ad-copy describing "snap cuts" and penetration, it seems like a fighting knife to me :D I'm not a fan of that handle shape for that purpose.

It's definitely not my cup of tea, but it is nice to see Cold Steel at least making an effort to use some fancier steels. :thumbup:

Maybe someday they'll use said steels in a knife that appeals to me - like a Lawman or something.

I"d like to see it with a SRK blade.
Or even a SRK in 3v would be nice.

:thumbup:

I'm still a fan of Cold Steel in spite of the bad rep here on BF, the higher end stuff is good-to-go if purchased at street prices and the cheesy stuff can be alot of fun! Having said that I'll probably avoid this one, not a huge fan of the American tanto.

Back