Are your pigs flying, Cold Steel is making a knife out of state of the art materials

[SNIP] It is the same as going to your grocery store and being picky about the brand of milk you buy. They all come from the same dairy farm that is gographically convenient, and the different labels are applied on the same milk. [/SNIP]

Hate to pick apart a part of your post that isn't technically about knives short of analogy, but that's not quite true. I've got pals in the dairy industry and while local dairies provide to brands on a geographically convenient basis, they generally stick to one buyer and are held to the standards that buyer chooses to use for their product to ensure reasonable uniformity. So not quite a suitable comparison in this case. I agree with your larger point, though. :):thumbup:

It sure didn't take long for this thread to turn into an absolute mess.

Could we possibly wait until someone has some actual facts, or heaven forbid, actually examines and uses the knife, before proclaiming it either the best thing since sliced bread or an utter waste of time? :rolleyes:

Could we possibly wait until someone has some actual facts, or heaven forbid, actually examines and uses the knife, before proclaiming it either the best thing since sliced bread or an utter waste of time? :rolleyes:

This knife IS going to be the best at slicing bread. Period! :grumpy:

:D

ZT vs Coldsteel.......That's like comparing a BMW to a Toyota Carola.

Note: Toyota (in any model) is like 5 times more practical and reliable than BMW (in any model). Just read any issue of Consumer Reports comparing the two brands. I will grant that Bmw's in general are much better looking:)

Last edited:
Note: Toyota (in any model) is like 5 times more practical and reliable than BMW (in any model). Just read any issue of Consumer Reports comparing the two brands. I will grant that Bmw's in genaral are much better looking:)

Audi A8 to Chery QQs then.

Note: Toyota (in any model) is like 5 times more practical and reliable than BMW (in any model). Just read any issue of Consumer Reports comparing the two brands. I will grant that Bmw's in genaral are much better looking:)

Let's not forget that Toyotas also hold their value better than any other manufacturer. High end, German luxury cars lose half their value once they leave the lot. I was just offered 28000 for my 06' Tacoma with 70k miles on it by at least 3 different dealers. I paid 34.

The sheath shown on the OP's link is Secure-Ex. One could have a leather one made for this knife, that's if one was enamored enough to go the full nine yards.

The haters, parrots and shills don't need any such thing like facts to blast CS... ;)

Funny how we compare foreign cars and use them as fine examples of craftsmanship, but not knives. I guess it's Ok to spend tens of thousands of dollars on a foreign car where the profits go directly to Germany or Japan, but not a $180 knife. And I don't care if it's made in the U.S. if the company is foreign I will steer away from it. I prefer an American company with foreign made products rather than American made owned by foreign companies (Toyota, BMW for example). I am surprised at how many people in this thread have 100% American made everything.

I like the look of the knife but I don't really care about the steel. Design and fit & finish are my criteria for buying a knife. I always think it's funny how fanatical people are about blade steel when they actually couldn't independently tell what the steel is, to save their lives.
In any case the CS 2013 line up is excellent ,although I wish they had brought out a real smatchet instead of the machete one.

I think it would also be interesting to know who does the heat treatment for their 3v blades...3/16'' CPM 3v in the Cold Steel one, 3/16'' CPM 3v in the Fehrman Peacemaker and Thru Hiker...these are proven to have received an excellent treatment and are very reasonably priced (for what you get, not saying they are cheap).
I see no need for me to look further into this knife...and I don't like Cold Steel's way of advertisement, but that has been said a thousand times before.

Ya for better steel. Nay for tanto and overall design tho.

I admit most of CSs designs don't interest me which is why I have never owned one.

Its the 1st good steel they came up with since carbon v,im shocked they picked 3v...

I wonder if the company president will do a video of him hacking a pig in half with this knife or maybe a whole cow? :rolleyes:

My question is DAMN, who is their computer rendering guy? Those are 3D modeled images, not photos.

For the same price I could get a Scrap yard 911 and have 2 more inches of .25'' thick blade with better design and a more comfortable handle or a 711 for less money, no sheath ofcourse but that means I get to have one made exactly the way I want. I think I'll pass on this one.

This has been my problem for about 5 years now. I think, that is decent, but I still need this piece from Busse.

I have never been able to break down and get a Swamprat, or Scrapyard, because I was tied up in Busse's Infi. I think I need to change that (I want a rattle hawk!)

Surely you jest! Since when has exercising patience and approaching a situation calmly and rationally ever made for good copy? I say, join the bashers and let the tackle fly!!!

Back