Arkansas Knife Show 2019 - Show us what you're bringing!

Logan Pearce

Awesome Sauce Smith (A.S.S)
The Arkansas Knife Show isn't far away now! February 16, 2019

I know a lot of makers are finishing up knives for the show, so let us see them!

I took a bunch of pictures at the monthly knife meeting at Uncle Al's last Thursday that I am editing right now. So, I will post them as soon as I finish!

orig.jpg

This one will be a delivery at the show!

I'm writing from my hotel room before we head back home. For us it was an exhausting two days. Exhausting in the very best way.

What a success the show is. So much energy, so many great makers, and the level of work that has been presented just keeps Rising. Bingo!

Logan is doing a stellar job resurrecting this. In fact that's the last time we need to use that phrase because it's one of the best shows on the circuit.

There were 13 awards given. I will try to list them according to memory. I had the privilege of shooting all of them at least once to show you. It will take a while before they're presented visually but here's the amazing line-up of winners.

Best of Show John Horrigan
Best Art knife John Horrigan
Best Fighter John Horrigan
Best Dagger Kyle Royer.
Best Damascus Kyle Royer
Best Bowie Ben Seward
Best Hunter Shawn Ellis
Best Historical Matt Parkinson
Best Folder Scott Gallagher
Best Chef knife David Lisch
Best Sheath Kenny Rowe
Best Collaboration (folder) Johnny Stout, Owen Wood (with engraving by Julie Warenski.)
Best Traditional folder Tommy Gann.
Collector's Choice Award JR Cook

There was a cutting contest that close the end of the show from 5 till 6 p.m. and it was well attended. I'm sorry to tell you I don't know who the winner was but somebody will come in and clarify.

I hope I didn't get any of those incorrectly please correct me if I did.

A shout out to Donna Horrigan for coming over and helping Susan and I try to do the impossible which is to do the work of three people with only two. Thank you!

I hope Logan will come on here and talk about what his thoughts are. He's the boss!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Coop, I was wondering if/when someone would post up the winners of categories. :thumbsup:

I have sooo many things to say. All of them good. I’m still touching base with all of my table holders to get everyone’s view before I give my account and what my staff’s view of things.

Don if I am not mistaking is that the fire stag bowie you had at one of the last NY shows you did? I think that was when I first met you and was obsessed with a blue folding dagger you had! Memory may be off though.

Back