Arkansas Knife Show 2020 Cancelled

Logan Pearce

Awesome Sauce Smith (A.S.S)
February 26 & 27, 2021 is the new date.

Here is the e-newsletter that I sent out (I had to fix the dates):

New Dates
February 26 & 27, 2021 are the new dates for the show.

It is best for everyone's health that we postpone until 2021. Last I checked Arkansas ranks as one of the highest states for current hospitalizations.

Break down of events
I tried to hold out as long as possible to figure out the best solution for us, but in the end the only logical choice was to postpone the show once again.

A lot of jobs in other states make people quarantine for 14 days after visiting Arkansas. In June or July, the reopening of the convention center in Little Rock, sent out new mandates for trade shows.

They made it to where I had to go through the Health Department and later on the CDC.

Flow map (Similar to what you see at Wal-Mart), masks, sanitation stations, protective glass guards, social distancing markers, temperature guards, etc. were to be implemented at the show. Which I have been working on and still plan on having, in the event that, next year we still need it.

Since it will be after the election, so who knows.

Mask have just became mandatory in the past month. I've attended a number of trade shows in Arkansas to see how it has effected them. For the most part gun shows don't seem to be effected very much at all. Which is a promising sight, but most of the other trade shows have been effected.

I know we have a knife show, but seeing how the promoters/exhibitors/public view these events gives me some insight to what we would be looking at when we have ours. Since Blade cancelled their 2020 show, it was the only real option I had.

Which is why I didn't just postpone sooner. It wasn't until I started being pressured this past month by officials to postpone that I seriously considered the postponement.

The convention center called and said they would transfer our money for the show to next year's date, so we wouldn't completely lose out. Something they weren't willing to do before.

A majority of the advertisers are doing the same thing, except for 2. Which I am still working on.

That is basically the nutshell version of how the events came to pass. It is also why you haven't heard a lot from me. I have been taking this one day at a time, trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Everyone's table fees will be transferred to the February 25 & 26, 2021 dates. As long as I can keep everyone as safe as possible, I don't plan on postponing again.

The safety of everyone is what matters.

If you have any questions, let me know!

I'll be calling a lot of you that I haven't already talked to. Be safe!

Kind regards,
Logan Pearce

I wanted to update all of you guys as well!

A thoughtful, hard, smart decision.

I'm happy to delay, and look forward to 2021.

Thank you, Logan! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

AIK held a knife show one or two weeks ago in MO. Anybody here go; how was it?

Good to see you doin the right thing on all fronts here. You kept ahead of this situation from the get go, and really showed a lot of the other promoters and show organizers how it SHOULD be done. All while making sure the top priority is health and safety of the makers and collectors.

Brownshoe, i saw some pics from the AIK show, and it was pretty frightening, zero masks to be seen, no social distancing, looked pretty barren too on the amount of people. But thats just from the handful of pics ive seen of it going on. So not gospel here. But yeah, looked like one of those scenes in a Zombie movie right before the infection spreads lol

You do/did a fantastic job and thanks for all of your hard work, recon, and going through every scenario possible before deciding to postpone it until next year....thank you for everything and it's going to be better than ever my friend. :)

Back