• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ARtsig1?

You guys know where i stand here :mad: . And Obviously free speech BUT just a suggestion, lets try not to "bump" this to often till settled a BIT further? i'm sure we will all know more soon. Sound good?
Loandr.

loandr. said:
You guys know where i stand here :mad: . And Obviously free speech BUT just a suggestion, lets try not to "bump" this to often till settled a BIT further? i'm sure we will all know more soon. Sound good?
Loandr.

Maybe that's what Art needs now; folks to keep his butt to the fire. This will help him stay straight and walk the straight and narrow and get folks paid back.

Well Wolf all I can say is my parents always preached "Tough Love" and it worked for I, SO perhaps you are right. :eek: Time will tell.
Loandr.

benchmademan said:
so he doesn't actually owe you anything. and you waited 2 years to throw it ontop of a dogpile.

Yep, I waited two years, because in all that time I never saw anyone else relate the same experience I had with him, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and did not bother to dwell on it.

However, to balance out the number of posts from people defending what he's doing, I will say it. He now has a history of doing it, and there is no longer any doubt about him.

you are one classy dude.

Perhaps you should STFU as it has nothing to do with you. He can come here and speak for himself if he feels the need to do so.

That's rich, you "demanding" an apology from me to the guy who screwed me around. It's never gonna happen, not here, not anywhere.

Sorry to hear that Art is having problems and hasn't come through for you guys. He can be slow to ship (and I was getting a little edgy) but he did come through and even threw in a cool bonus knife. This was back in May.

I hope all works out for everyone.

jason

It may be that the depths of Arts problems/addictions are more than he's admitting to us.

It's tough to say publically that one has addiction problems as well as marital problems.

I've known several individuals in all walks of life that own up to a certain degree of personal fault, all the while engaging in other additions and frauduent activity. It's not untill those individuals get into AA or other support groups, that their life regains composure.

I think our friend, and yes, I am refering to Art as a friend, has more addictions than he is willing to admit . I wonder if it might be in Art's best interest to have some sort of intervention on the knife forums. Possibly no more buying or selling untill he can regain control of his life and credit card.

And for the record, I sold Art a knife (that he originally sold me) last year. It took me at least 4 weeks to get paid. He alleged that one of the MO's he sent to my address was stolen out of my mailbox.

Art, I calling out to you. Get yourself checked in somewhere. Please gain the wherewithall to pay off your debts.

Good luck,
Barry

mike_mck2 said:
Yep, I waited two years, because in all that time I never saw anyone else relate the same experience I had with him, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and did not bother to dwell on it.

However, to balance out the number of posts from people defending what he's doing, I will say it. He now has a history of doing it, and there is no longer any doubt about him.

show me one post from me or anyone else defending art's actions. just one.

mike_mck2 said:
Perhaps you should STFU as it has nothing to do with you. He can come here and speak for himself if he feels the need to do so.

That's rich, you "demanding" an apology from me to the guy who screwed me around. It's never gonna happen, not here, not anywhere.

that's the problem these days. people think that when they see something wrong that "has nothing to do with them" that they should "STFU" (again, very classy). well, that's not how i roll. that's why i'm here telling you that you are wrong to call this guy a POS. in your case he made good. you don't have any firsthand experience with him screwing anyone over. the only thing you actually have any place saying about the guy is he's slow. rather than sensationalize like you work for the media...

benchmademan said:
show me one post from me or anyone else defending art's actions. just one.

Yep, that's my mistake. I wrote defending, and what I should have wrote was justifying. There is a difference, and yes, I understand what it is.

Guys, I have to say I think of Art as a friend of mine, so I am biased in favor of treating him with respect, even if things don't look so good for him right now.

But Mike Mck is right, too: he's speaking from personal experience, and this is exactly the right forum and thread for him to speak up. If you don't think he should, then what is The Good, The Bad, The Ugly for anyway?

Esav Benyamin said:
But Mike Mck is right, too: he's speaking from personal experience, and this is exactly the right forum and thread for him to speak up. If you don't think he should, then what is The Good, The Bad, The Ugly for anyway?

But I think as was stated earlier, calling him a POS is uncalled for and childish.

this is the perfect place to post about your dealings (good or bad). i would have read this thread and moved on to something else if that's all that was posted here. what infuriated me was the personal nature that mike_mck2 attacked Art.

"our deal was slow and i didn't feel that he was always being honest with me" -that's a review

"so and so is a POS" is a personal attack, and one undeserving seeing as he guy reported that their deal worked out in the end.

i apologize to everyone for dragging this out. i just found the nature of mike_mck2's posts to be offensive. i've said all i feel compeled to say so i'll leave this alone.

On another forum it has been alledged that Bob Dozier is another person left high and dry by this unfortunate event. There are makers who will send a knife as soon as it's ready, before getting paid, because knife knuts are overall a good and trustworthy bunch of people. I would hate to see this trust eroded and so I am pulling for Art to succeed here. I hope this all works out.

Sorry have been one in support BUT..... Heard things tonight that I would rather have not have, and at this point not interested just in my own funds...BUT that this STOP. HERE. ART Please make good or shut down. NO more losses. NO more slack sir! Paypal claim filed and CC claim filed accordingly NO more gripes on my end , Ill take it up w/ 3rd. parties from here since Given no other option. :-(. Done.
Loandr.

"so and so is a POS" is a personal attack, and one undeserving seeing as he guy reported that their deal worked out in the end

Well, my standards are evidently a bit different than some in this thread.

"Send what I paid you for whenever you get around to it" might be the new standard here for some, but it's not for me.

I have an abundance of patience, and always trust anyone until they give me reason not to. I don't check feedback here or anywhere else before dealing with someone, and I have overlooked lots & lots of honest mistakes from people.
Therefore, if it's bad enough that I finally get tired of someone's lies and deceit and say to hell with it, that's more than enough for me.

I kept quiet when it was just me, but the guy now has a history of doing it, and some people might like to know that before they send him anything.

For those of justifying what he's doing, would you send him some money?
Maybe some of you would, or will say you would, but it's obvious that anyone with any common sense won't be sending the guy any money.

To me, if you can't send someone payment in good faith, they are in fact a POS, especially if they have a history of it, over a period of years.

Maybe the guy will turn over a new leaf, or stop dealing on these forums, either would be a nice step in the right direction.

Understand Mike, a lot depends on who you are. If this was a one shot deal for Art, folks gotta give him a chance. But when it has happened in the past then you have to wonder about the charecter of some people. I understand people have personal problems, but it is funny how they pop up when convenient. Doesnt seem to interfere with his ability to accumulate knives and tatoos, neither of which are free.

Hey, you probably should not have called him a POS in a public forum, but for some members here it is ok to call somebody a POS and threaten the infamous 2x4 treatment and get away with it. For others like you, if you call the wrong person a POS, you are treated as though you are the only one who has ever done it and made out to be a scumbag.

Dont sweat it Mike. Not worth worrying about.

Oh boy, this thread is one lousy read and I wish this weren't going down. Art is a really good guy in my book. I have had 3 great and 1 okay deals with Art. The last one was within the last month. He had me worried a bit because he didn't ship for almost 3 weeks after I sent payment. When he did, he included one knife in addition to the two I purchased. To my mind, he more than made up for the delay.

I think he's a good guy at heart and hope he climbs out of whatever pit he's fallen into. I'm pulling for you, Art!

Good you got your stuff Slatts. Arts advantage is that the knife community is generally an understanding and forgiving bunch. Lets hope he gets it together

Keith Montgomery said:
I venture to say that your opinion is not shared by the vast majority of BladeForum members that have had dealings with Art.

Didnt want this to fall off the front page til it gets resolved....

:D

When I first joined this forum I read about a similar situation with Art. I made up my mind I would never deal with him. If somebody knows his background going in to the transaction, then they shouldn't complain when the deal goes sour.

The45guy, I am finding that a lot more people than I thought have had problems with Art; that really sucks. I still don't think that you would find many members here that would think of him as a POS.

I have emailed Art about this thread. It is quite likely that others have as well. The more time it takes for Art to reply, the more telling it is to me that there is a real problem here.

Back