• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

ARtsig1?

This dude is a thief of the worst kind. Premeditation of fraud is a very serious crime, and that is what Art is guilty of. Selling the same knife to different people and than not sending them the knife is the work of a sleezeball. Who cares why he had to rob somebody, we all have our problems and don't go around stealing from other forum members. Whats make this so despicable is he is a repeat offender. He is trying to paint himself as the victim here. What about the person who saved up for months to buy one of his knives and now is out the money and the knife.

But Artsig should be considered a friend of the forums, even if he isn't your personal friend. He's been here long enough

A friend? More like a FIEND!

I am not sure where the blather about a high posting count=credibility comes from, but where I come from, you are only as good as your LAST deal.

If Art pulled this bait and switch anywhere else in society he would be behind bars about right now. What he has done is not only stupid and unethical, but also criminal!

Some of us have been here since opening day and we have seen people pull this type of nonsense before. Art can play the blame game all he wants, but he should be thankful he isn't wearing cuffs. The blame game doesn't work in the "real world", apparently it only works on some folks who are gullible enough to fall into the trap.

A Simple Search of Public records (Zabasearch ,White Pages etc.) will turn up Mr. Sigmon's Home address and Phone #'s, His State and City being listed within BF profile, should one feel the need to forward any legal "correspondence" accordingly. Scariest part of this whole ordeal is that his BF proflie lists his occupation as a "classroom teacher" ? Again scary. :thumbdn:
Loandr.

I got an Email from Art in reference to the land sale paperwork, he told me, he was not about to post that information on the internet. :confused:

I put myself in his position, here's what I would do, SCAN IT AND POST IT.

Guy's there is no land deal as I'm sure you've guessed already, he also turned down my offer about the knife. Not sure how much money some of you are out, but I think it is clear what you have to do.

He mentioned a few other things in the Email that lead me to believe he is in VERY deep.

I too was offered a steal. He contacted me, said he had a pheasant tail large sebenza for 250.00. He wanted me to paypal because he needed the money. Something told me I would never see it. I have to say I doubt it was ever stolen. Too many people had the same thing happen to them. He does not answer emails. I doubt I will ever see my 260. (I sent an extra 10 so he wouldn't have to pay the shipping) I went throught rehab my self. 3 months. From experience I know he needs to do the right thing if he is ever to get back on track.

BladeGoblin said:
I got an Email from Art in reference to the land sale paperwork, he told me, he was not about to post that information on the internet. :confused:

I put myself in his position, here's what I would do, SCAN IT AND POST IT.

Guy's there is no land deal as I'm sure you've guessed already, he also turned down my offer about the knife. Not sure how much money some of you are out, but I think it is clear what you have to do.

He mentioned a few other things in the Email that lead me to believe he is in VERY deep.

As well as ignoring every other piece of documentation requested or question asked, He is pathetic at this point. Plain and simple CROOK, those involved act accordingly. I would guess MOST of us will never hear from ARt again, BUT chances are he will hear from some of us, even if only through the proper legal channels :) Again sad.

Loandr.

loandr. said:
As well as ignoring every other piece of documentation requested or question asked, He is pathetic at this point. Plain and simple CROOK, those involved act accordingly. I would guess MOST of us will never hear from ARt again, BUT chances are he will hear from some of us, even if only through the proper legal channels :) Again sad.

Loandr.

Perhap's someone can request he scan and e-mail the sales contract to a moderator here to back up his claim.I can see why he may not want it publically posted,but surely a mod could vouch for viewing the info.Under the circumstances presented here and elsewhere,he really has the burden of proof.His word really doesn't pull much weight at this point without something to back it up.I can appreciate him having personal issues,but basically scamming and all out lying to people has no defense or excuse.Robbing Peter to pay Paul,selling the same item to more than one person,spending money for an item you have been paid for,but not yet shipped or ever will or 3 months later,all show a lack of honesty,integrity,respect.I suggest you all band together and contact Art's Local as well as Federal authorties/US Postal Inspectors since it involves interstate & US Mail to start an investigation into the crimes that have been committed.Good Luck and take care.

Why would it matter is he sent a copy of a contract to anybody, the guy is a scam artist. They run commercials for places where you can buy preprinted contracts for just about anything, just fill in the blanks...doesnt make them valid.

Even if it were, what makes anybody think he would use the proceeds to pay back what he has stolen, he has already had the money and supposedly the mechandise to sell, still he didnt cough up what he owed. A crook is a crook is a crook.

Geez Art, what do you see when you look in the mirror? Do you have any sympathy at all for the folks who sent you hard earned money? Probably not you selfish POS.

Speaking for myself, I don't give a crap about any land deal evidence. I certainly would not post something like that online. If the consensus among those involved is that they want evidence, then the moderator confirmation suggestion is the best one.

I would personally just appreciate an email from Art saying, "I know you paid me a month ago, and I will make it up to you." I have been polite and patient but do not like being ignored.

By the way Art, is there some reason why you have not posted on the forum where you actually sold a bunch of this stuff? If you log in there, I believe you will find that you have been restricted to the "who sucks" forum, you might ought to check it out... your silence is deafening.

This guy should of been banned last year when he had shady dealings. Instead a lot of people stock up for him and the result is a lot of people were scammed out of their money. I ask you, is there anybody lower than this guy?

Larry B. said:
This guy should of been banned last year when he had shady dealings. Instead a lot of people stock up for him and the result is a lot of people were scammed out of their money. I ask you, is there anybody lower than this guy?

I agree with, Larry. Ban him!......and would someone please file charges against this guy.

You have knives to sell and make this right NOW. The fact that you're not doing it speaks volumes about your (lack of) character. :barf: :thumbdn:

Tracer-san said:
You have knives to sell and make this right NOW. The fact that you're not doing it speaks volumes about your (lack of) character. :barf: :thumbdn:

I agree with this. If this is something that Art will do, my suggestion for anyone purchasing one of his knives is to get the knife in hand before sending payment.

These are some sad events. I am not sticking up for Art, however, back a couple years ago we did a couple of flawless deals.

My suggestion for anyone purchasing one of his knives is to get the knife in hand before sending payment -- and send the payment directly to one of Art's creditors.

I guess it's a good idea to keep this thread going. Art says he's working on repayment. It would be a good idea for him to contact each creditor privately and make some kind of commitment -- at least a confirmation of how much he owes them.

It would also be a good idea for each of us not directly involved to remember our own dignity and refrain from overheated threats and condemnations. Let the people he owes keep the heat on.

Geode, back a couple years ago, people used to joke about it, when Art bought a new and epensive knife, that they wanted dibs on it when he (generally pretty quickly) sold it off. I got a couple of good deals from him, and good conversation, too. Art does love knives, and knows how to take care of them.

What's happening now is a disgrace, but it's also a tragedy. Dogpile if that's what the rest of you do, but ... tough love isn't supposed to include spitting on people.

Basically Forced a response from ARt on another forum, Admin. locked the thread down that I inquired on which I understand :) and ARt wont answer my other, BUT he did PM me to try and save face, Its worse than I thought. he will provide nothing!, answer nothing! address nothing! and IF the land sells, then we will get paid, Many more disturbing issues, and ramblings of the desprite, BUT I think you have enough to get the picture :barf: . I explained to him it WILL get WORSE before better...this was of no interest to him, just a bunch of mistakes on his part that he would tend to and ALL would be Pd. and other nonsense NOT worth repeating. Just buying time i suppose :rolleyes: Whomever "calls" these things here IF this guy isnt Insta-BANN material than what the heck is??? If having difficulty retrieveing the necessary contact info for Mr. Sigmon from Public records to file your claims accordingly please feel free to contact me. i think we all know better but IF I do get funds from ARt I will post so promptly.
Loandr.

Esav Im sorry for i repect your opinion, BUT for all the untruths, and deceit that has been cast my way, im the one that feels spit on, and ALL I was trying to do was help the guy (Long before my purchase gone bad) NOT interest in "love" tough or otherwise at this point but remedy for myself and others that do this FOR a living, not hobby as most of us induldge. TO them especially this isnt fair, im sure you agree. At what point is enough, enough?
You will remember several pages ago where i suggested perhaps this not be bumped so often, Ball has been in Arts court and it was his request that this stay an issue till resolved.
Loandr.

Loandr, I understand your position -- you're stuck in the middle of this, and have every right to keep the heat on. I just think the bystanders should keep their responses polite.

I also think the best encouragement anyone can get to clear up a situation like this is the reality -- not the threat -- of formal, legal recourse. Postal Inspectors, local police and prosecutors, civil action, all this will help concentrate his mind on repaying his debts. If there is a land deal in process, the legal system can put the proceeds in escrow.

Back