As if you needed another reason for why HI is the best...

It's pretty much been a dream of mine to own a sword, ever since I started reading fantasy novels in the fourth grade. I've just been hooked from there, but like every kid growing up, my parents weren't terribly keen on their son owning something he probably could have killed himself with accidentally. Fast forward about eleven years, and now I've finally decided to get one.

After exhaustively large amounts of research, I decided that the Everest Katana was impossible to beat: proven 5160 steel, convex ground (a lot of swords are given secondary bevels by cheap sharpeners), and that feeling you can't beat when you know something was handmade for you.

I ordered a standard one and Yangdu emailed me saying they were out of stock, but that she would sell me one with a fancy carved handle (which usually are far more expensive) for the same price as the standard model. That is a level of customer service you just won't find elsewhere. As if HI didn't already know they had me hooked (I bought a khukuri and sword from them within the last three weeks), this absolutely solidified it.

(crappy) pictures will be coming when I receive it. Thanks Yangdu! :D

The everest katana is a great sword, and the wakizashi compliments it as well. I have both and they grace my house. Ive always wanted a samurai type sword, a real one not some cheapo chinese crap, and these are more interesting being made by hand in Nepal. I like the short waki sword over the everest, its short and fast and easier to carry, i suggest you pick up as well.
Be on the look out for a Tarwar, its a sword that you would like to have if you ever go into war.

i really want a tarwar

i want one that has more of the fatter tip with a slight bend in it, and have a good fat spine.

Do you have any pics of the wakizashi? I am looking for something along those lines and didn't realize that HI made them.

Do you have any pics of the wakizashi? I am looking for something along those lines and didn't realize that HI made them.

From http://www.novarata.net/files/files/HI-Catalog.pdf

"WAJASKI SWORD"
"Our playfully mispronounced (but well-crafted) HI version of the Japanese, wakizashi,
this is the natural companion to the HI Katana."

Wajaski+by+Himalayan+Imports.JPG

Thank you for the kind words.

Back