ASH-1 Family Trio - and a "Healthy ASH" ?

IMG_1094.jpg

A big thanks to RichardW for helping me round out my ASH-1's this week! He kindly "donated" his Custom Shop satin, hand-shaped orange/blk G10 LE thickness beauty in the middle to the cause. I long-wanted, but did not know that I truly "needed," an LE thick ASH given my much-loved Skinny and Fat friends above. Well, turns out I definitely needed it :)! You all know the feeling! So, given that we have Skinny and Fat ASH-1's, I figure the middle weight has to be the "Healthy" ASH! (Thank you once again, Garth, for expertly crafting my Fat Man years ago, and to whoever got me into ASH's some years before that with the Skinny job - you would not recognize her with my clumsy home mods, but that's the way I likes it, thank you!). And yes, Andy, I know I am a mere piker, but I try to tell myself I am not a collector ;)!

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys!

AND the support for my obvious "problem" from gk4ever2 gk4ever2 ! This forum is the best support group going (but just might be a tad enabling, too ;)). I think I am finally through the Busse 12-Step "recovery" program. No, wait, at last count I am at Step 13 - nuts, gotta start over!

Chris, you got some NICE ASH there! Though my Skinny's scales are whittled way down to be "skinny" like the blade, they started out as mags like the other two wear. I don't have one with flat scales (unless you count those of my 3B2, a "Slender ASH" IMHO, but those are smooth, not flat but textured like those of your SE?). I kinda have an itch to find out if I like should the opportunity ever present itself (pocketbook and wife hoping that day never arrives). And, yeah, RichardW is a class act, generous, and a real gentleman to deal with.

VERY happy, RichardW, thank you kindly once again. And yes, love black - either micarta or G10 - but variety IS good. I was uncertain about the orange and black, but some combos ya' just gotta see in hand in order to fully appreciate and decide. Glad I took that leap of faith on her!

sixplymaple sixplymaple , run from these like crazy - unless you want to have the best Busse and knife ever! Just ask Andy.

Andy, you always kill me, man :)! (You ever posted a group photo? - would love to see that wide angle or panoramic shot!)

Thanks Sir. Been awhile. I’ve been spending a lot of time on ‘Glock Talk.’

My ASH1 count? You gave the perfect answer. But I have discovered there are more Bussekin models beyond the ASH1. Many varieties of the Stahl Hertzen. And others. Go figure.

Be well...T

. . . as I admitted, I know myself to be but a babe in the crazy town of ASH-1 lovers! Andy, what on gawd's green earth is your master plan?!

And what do you know, this morning they WERE all pointing distinctly southwest. Even my 3B2. I am scorned, I tell ya'.

Thanks for all the nice comments, guys!

AND the support for my obvious "problem" from gk4ever2 gk4ever2 ! This forum is the best support group going (but just might be a tad enabling, too ;)). I think I am finally through the Busse 12-Step "recovery" program. No, wait, at last count I am at Step 13 - nuts, gotta start over!

Chris, you got some NICE ASH there! Though my Skinny's scales are whittled way down to be "skinny" like the blade, they started out as mags like the other two wear. I don't have one with flat scales (unless you count those of my 3B2, a "Slender ASH" IMHO, but those are smooth, not flat but textured like those of your SE?). I kinda have an itch to find out if I like should the opportunity ever present itself (pocketbook and wife hoping that day never arrives). And, yeah, RichardW is a class act, generous, and a real gentleman to deal with.

VERY happy, RichardW, thank you kindly once again. And yes, love black - either micarta or G10 - but variety IS good. I was uncertain about the orange and black, but some combos ya' just gotta see in hand in order to fully appreciate and decide. Glad I took that leap of faith on her!

sixplymaple sixplymaple , run from these like crazy - unless you want to have the best Busse and knife ever! Just ask Andy.

Andy, you always kill me, man :)! (You ever posted a group photo? - would love to see that wide angle or panoramic shot!)

The 2007 SE is one of the best knives out there just like it is with no mods needed....22 FFG, standard non-mag G10 and Old SChool DCBB...I had 2 and sold them as I had other .22"ers, and wish I would have kept one for using...The non-mag packages are just that much more carry/pack friendly for what normal people call a rather large knife...

So cool may I join in!
gfLI1w1.jpg

gjnOOTd.jpg

COPIOUS, you are NOT helping me out here - not. at. all. Just confirming what I already suspected. Damm! No doubt will have to hunt one down someday.

World domination is all, Andy? Ha! Well, there are at lest 3 you can't have!

nydude, hey, man, that's why we are all here, right?! Nice ASH; nice pics, man! My Skinny looked exactly like that before I got busy with the stripper, sandpaper, and grinder - love it!

Back