Ask, and Ye Shall Receive

Ban, you ever consider making a dagger? I definitely pick one up from you if you did. I bet you'd make a nice one with proper geometry that would actually cut....

Nope. Not yet. Daggers would be fun to make. I may try one soon.

Ban,
What would be a good belt grinder to purchase for a beginner? And how much $ might one invest in order to have an effective set up?

Ban,
What would be a good belt grinder to purchase for a beginner? And how much $ might one invest in order to have an effective set up?

Depends on what you want to do with it. Sharpen knives or make knives? I started off with a Grizzly grinder/buffer back in 1998 and still use it today.

What sort of project are we talking about? I am pretty curious and adventurous by nature and may consider it if it peaks my interest.

Speaking of projects, I have a concept I've been toying with for a while: SAK blade replacements. If I could take apart my alox Farmer, put in a Ban Tang M4 blade of identical specs...man that would make a good all around tool incredibly more useful.

Might be crazy or not worth it, but I can't quite get it out of my head... :D

I never tried taking apart those alox folders. I actually like those things quite a bit. A premium steel main blade on one of those super handy knives would be really sick! ;) M4 or 3V would be pretty darn ideal for me. I wouldn't mind diving into fun projects like that in the future if and when I have the time. As it is, I already have a pretty darn busy life.

Yeah, they would be sick! Think of how many people would buy SAKs that'd been modified to have blades in premium steels.

Anyway, yeah, that's a lil fun thing for down the road. I just wanted to stake my claim as the first (as far as I know) with the idea :D

I was wondering what kind of delays you have right now when ordering a knife from you =)

At the current rate I am going right now it is at least a few months. It just all depends on how busy I get with my regular day job.

I will get around to making a folder some day.

I will get around to making a folder some day.

Ti frame lock with a sleek looking, stupid sharp, frosty blade! I'm not going to think about this too much or I'll just torture myself. :foot:

Ti Frame Lock Check!
Stupid Sharp Check!
Frosty Finish Check!

I just have to get around to making one.

Back