1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Astonishing Auctions

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by ithinkverydeeply, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Miller '72

Miller '72 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2017
    Unrecognized type error? Deliberate pricing?
    I just dont understand lol!!

I'm watching it though lol!

Meek1, Agent_H, A17 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Fmont, Yankee Josh and A17 like this.
  3. gben

gben

Nov 26, 2014
    High auction prices are proportionate to how hollow and empty of a human-being the buyer is. These people who are missing major pieces of their humanity, intellect and sanity will never get the time of day from any complete human being, so their option is to wallow in the shallow world of materialism and purchase attention from other equally flawed humans by slathering themselves with jewelry for their egos.

4. Meek1

Meek1

Aug 11, 2019
    I don't know that anybody is missing any of their humanity. That seems a bit harsh. I feel rather we are all meeting a couple basic human needs. Both social and esteem. Human beings have been gathering for rendezvous to show off their stuff for hundreds of years. I have not seen one person on here yet try to one up another person or peacock around with shiny things. I have only seen people sharing, trading and gifting. Whether it be knowledge or material. It is just under a different format now than it was in years past due to the digital age. We have guys on here in Washington State trading stories with guys on the east coast as if they were standing next to each other. It's pretty exciting if you ask me. I feel it's an important step in preserving parts of our past and sharing the history of our individual regions. Just think of all the stories that would otherwise be lost unless we actually traveled there and obtained the information first hand. I hope you can rethink your stance on the subject and perhaps share some of your own experience. It would seem you have been at this a long time. I'm sure you have a wealth of knowledge that could be shared. Regards, and have a wonderful day.

Blue Sasquatch, A17, Maine20 and 3 others like this.
  5. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    [​IMG]

A17, Yankee Josh, junkenstien and 3 others like this.
  6. Meek1

Meek1

Aug 11, 2019
    Does it come with a tractor?

Nbrackett, Square_peg, A17 and 4 others like this.
  7. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    No but I’ll take $5 of the shipping ;)

A17, Yankee Josh, Fmont and 1 other person like this.
  8. ithinkverydeeply

ithinkverydeeply Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 17, 2018
    A NOS one of those with perfect labels sold for around $200

Nbrackett, A17, Yankee Josh and 3 others like this.
  9. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    I agree completely. Nobody should spend any money on their interests. Ever. We should all be wearing hair shirts and put every spare dime we make into to secure, interest-bearing accounts.

JoeP01, A17, Yankee Josh and 4 others like this.
  10. junkenstien

junkenstien

Feb 15, 2017
    If any of you fellas got that worlds finest rockaway the other day i am happy for ya and your lucky i lost the signal,would have paid more than that for it.

A17, Fmont, Yankee Josh and 3 others like this.
  11. Miller '72

Jul 25, 2017
    Hey...quit making fun of my summer sweater! Lol!

I had my shirt off a while back...when i started to go grey just yesterday (;):D), and a good buddy of mine comes over when we were all playing volleyball and says...Hey Miller, just going to call you SilverBack from now on. I turned to him laughing and he then says...hey look its the White Mountains.

Friends are priceless :cool::thumbsup:

Nbrackett, A17, Fmont and 4 others like this.
  12. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    I would be so much more empty inside, if I could afford it.

JoeP01, A17, Fmont and 6 others like this.
  13. grafton

grafton

Aug 28, 2010
    Apoorbitterpersonsays what?

14. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Deleted by request... ;)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  15. A17

A17

Jan 9, 2018
    It's a jersey double bit, and I'd get it in a heartbeat if I could afford it.

16. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    I do, that's a fantastic looking db. Like the sexiest Puget Sound (just outward appearance, not saying that's what it is). The angular lines are gorgeous.

17. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Also deleted. No problem dude. (Inside joke, kinda) :thumbsup:

A17, ithinkverydeeply and Meek1 like this.
  18. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    Thanks

Meek1 likes this.
  19. ithinkverydeeply

Dec 17, 2018
    Thanks!

20. junkenstien