ATC Emerson CQC-T

I had a CQC-T, and it is a beautiful piece of machining. As a weapon, I would say it is awesome. As a utility hawk I was not brave enough to use it. It is too pretty and the edges are ground thin enough to damage deeply if hit on rock, etc. The o-rings, while great for gripping, are a catch-all for grit and would certainly wear rapidly in throwing or chopping wood. Overall, I feel it is a combat weapon. An extremely beautiful and well designed one. I sold mine because I like to use my edged tools ruggedly and as far as a hawk goes, the VTAC is the BEST. It's not too pretty and takes a beating. I may consider the Next Gen when it comes out, but for now my VTAC is my thrower/chopper. My $.02;)

There are some sound remarks here, but allow me to elaborate a bit...

The CQC-T was indeed built for EXTREME use...will its fine edges and beautiful appearance be the same after...no.

The VTAC is less than half the price and it isn't nearly as finely made...we built the VTAC as a tool first, weapon second...we build the CQC-T as a weapon first, tool second.

Both can carry the load of one's life...it depends on mission requirements and/or one's application preferences.

Much more eloquent than I, Andy. The CQC-T is beautiful and I'm sure it's tough enough for anything thrown at it. I just had to pass mine on, because it made me queasy knowing how ugly I would make it. I hope the Next Gen screams to be used and abused like my VTAC does. Thanks for the great hawks Andy, you rule!:thumbup:

Nimick said:
And watch out for Botach, their rep in GB&U isn't stellar.

Too say the least! More like the worst reputation for any online source!:thumbdn:

I've never orderd from them and never will!

Don G. said:
I agree. I had placed an order a few weeks before I deployed to Iraq and the gear wasn't shipped until the end of my deployment. I repeatedly e-mailed and called them about the status, but never got a response until after the items shipped. They said the items were back ordered, but they never told me that before otherwise I would have ordered from someone else. :mad:

Yeah there's a long list of stories very similar to yours on all of the knife and gun forums that I've been on! I feel sorry for the unknowing ones!

Don G. said:
No word from Andy about when my ATC CQC-T will ship, but they just charged my card today, so hopefully I'll see the new addition shortly!:D

Yowzzaa I might have to put an order in!:cool:

Yes...we're on track for end of February should the rest of things go smoothly...got my fingers crossed. ;)

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Back