~Atlantic Salt~

I would like to know when the Atlantic Salt will be available? I want one as a river knife, as sometimes I surf my whitewater boat in the ocean. If I leave it in my PFD and forget to rinse it, no worries with H-1. And the fact that it comes in Yellow! (harder to miss when packing up after lunch)

Another cool thing about this knife is: That the 2005 catalogue says it is available in PE . A sheep-foot available in PE. Nice!

A while back I considered buying a Salt 1 and rounding off the tip, to function as my river knife. Now I'm glad I waited; Spyderco makes an amazing variety of knives!

I too am eagerly awaiting the Atlantic Salt. I much prefer my Rescue 93mm over my Pacific Salt for utility work, but the VG-10 corrodes too quickly, as I keep it IWB and it sometimes gets persiration condensed on the blade.

Thanx for the kind words and confidence. appreciate.

We're scheduled to begin shipping the Atlantic Salt (C89) late March/early April.

The plain edge was my push, and a push it was. I used the "traditionalist sailor" as my argument. I hope the plain edge is well received or I eat Crow.

sal

I think the plain-edge is a great option.

I once passed up a plain-edged old syle Rescue and have regretted it every since.

And thanks for the yellow handle option as well!

Allen.

We just did a run of 250 plain edge Rescue 93 model.

If any of you have interest in such a piece, you might place an order with your dealer. We expect they will be gone by SHOT.

sal

Thanks for the update Sal.

Make mine in "Ow my eyes!" yellow, please! :D

Thanks for the info Sal.

But I'm not sure I want the Rescue 93.
Is the blade designed like the 2004 Rescue 93 with the index finger cut away?
Or is it like the 2005 Rescue 93, which looks like the Atlantic Salt blade?

Allen.

Anyone know when the 2005 93mm Rescue models (with the new blade shape, sans the finger groove) will be released?

Same time as the Atlantic Salt?

Back