1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Attention Knife Retailers, Manufacturers and Makers: Google Class Action Pending – Sign Up Now

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Critter, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Critter

Critter Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 23, 2003
    [Post in General approved by Spark]

[​IMG]
    If you or your business was prevented from using Google AdWords/AdSense because you violated Goggle's "dangerous products or services policy" by selling knives or knife parts (or guns, gun parts, etc), you are being invited to join a class action lawsuit that is now pending in federal court in California.

You or your business does not need to be based in California, it can be located anywhere in the United States. You or your business do not have to be a going concern or in business today, so long as you were back when they blocked you. So, if you have since closed down your business, that's okay, you can still be a member of the class and can be compensated if the lawsuit is won.

To qualify, a person or company must have had its AdWords/AdSense account suspended or terminated by Google LLC between March 2014 and September 2017 based on the fact their websites advertised "any products that (i) were designed to injure an opponent in sport, self-defense or combat such as knives, crossbows and guns" in violation of Google's "dangerous products or services policy."

No attorney fees or costs will be charged to join this federal class action lawsuit. Rather, plaintiff's counsel will be paid by court order on a contingent basis.

If you are interested in learning more or in participating in the case you should directly contact William McGrane, Esq., who is acting as class action counsel in the pending lawsuit, by emailing him at [email protected]. Mr. McGrane's contact information and biography may be viewed at www.mcgranepc.com.

Class action lawsuits are lawsuits in which a group of people "with the same or similar injuries caused by the same product or action sue the defendant as a group." The key is that people seek justice in class action lawsuits because they've been damaged, in this case by corporate misconduct such as discrimination.

A class action is frequently used when a number of people have suffered the same or similar damage. Individually, the damage may have been relatively minor, to the point they might not have sought "legal redress" or cannot expect the cost of litigation to be affordable. Collectively, however, the value of the claims add up and suing as a class means consolidating attorneys, defendants, evidence, witnesses and most other aspects of the litigation. Class action lawsuits are virtually always done on a contingent basis, as is the case here, so that it is the attorneys who bear the costs, take the risks and assume the losses if not successful.

In this case, the potential biggest benefit may not be direct financial gain for the class action members, which could still be thousands of dollars per violation, but rather that Google is forced to change their discriminatory policy to enable you to use their AdWords/AdSense products to advertise your wares. If you think you or your business could qualify, please contact Mr. McGran as soon as possible.

Knife Rights is Rewriting Knife Law in America™
    29 Bills Enacted in 21 States in 8 Years!

Be the first to know. Get the latest Knife Rights updates:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, sign up for our FREE News Slice™ Newsletter for more news you need to know.

[​IMG]

Knife Rights is making a difference!
    Invest a modest sum in a Sharper Future™ to protect your tools and rights.

JOIN KNIFE RIGHTS TODAY!

[​IMG]

2. Horsewright

Horsewright KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 4, 2011
    Good to hear. Facebook does the same whether to allow ya to boost a post or not.

Prester John and FortyTwoBlades like this.
  3. austonh

austonh Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Necessary work! Great job KnifeRights!

Prester John likes this.
  4. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    And they keep pestering you suggesting you boost your posts even though you can't, and you can't shut it off.

B Griffin likes this.
  5. kancler

kancler Moderator Moderator

Mar 21, 2005
    Finally! Awesome!!! Thank you!!!

Next should be Facebook, other social networks, and CREDIT CARD processors like Quickbooks, Stripe, etc., who were closing knife sellers account on a stupid fact - "knives are dangerous"

Good luck to all of us!

Bad Ninja and Prester John like this.
  6. FullMetalJackass

FullMetalJackass Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 10, 2016
    All my support!

7. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    :thumbsup:

8. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    Support brands that support knife rights. Not all do.

jbmonkey and Bad Ninja like this.
  9. JokersFaceLifter

JokersFaceLifter

Jan 6, 2016
    long time follower of KR, they do phenomenal work; Kudos

10. whp

whp

Apr 26, 2009
    thank you, Knife Rights (DR).

11. slyraven

slyraven

Feb 19, 2019
    I think any knife law is silly.

It is even more silly when places like google, offer up, etc ban the sale of knives, for " our own safety" but at the same time theres no issue selling big ole kitchen knives or chainsaws, screwdrivers.

I wish you the best of luck and thank you for standing up for us.

Alsharif likes this.
  12. JJ Haney

JJ Haney

Apr 29, 2019
    How do I post, I can't figure it out

katiewebber likes this.
  13. katiewebber

katiewebber

May 16, 2019
    What don't you understand?

14. katiewebber

katiewebber

May 16, 2019
    You can check it

15. Yes, My whole Website with Best E-commerce Hosting is blocked by Google after using Google AdWords.

16. It's a big loss to me as my earning source is putting down by Google but I didn't lose me and starts again and bestecommercehosting.org helps me to make it again.