Attention shoppers: A delay in orders

Hi guys, I sorta hit a wall today.
I was knocking out the last of the psk orders and was ready to heat treat them.
Notice "was". Short story I turned on the kiln and nothing happened. Zero. Zilch.
El-kilno is el-deado.:(

So best case scenario is that I get a switch in from Sugar Creek by Monday and that fixes the problem.
Worst case (I so hope this doesn't happen) is that I have to wait 'till my new kiln gets here (ordered it today) which will be about......three weeks.

To all of you who are waiting on psks and all of you whose orders were coming up in the next month, I apologize. It looks like it may be about a month longer than anticipated.

This sucks.
Iz

Iz. Full time. Keep working. Send blades out for HT. Even if you don't, keep piling them up. Don't sit.

equipment failures that put everything on hold suck. i hope it's just the switch and a simple fix.

i expect that most of your customers will understand a problem like this and be patient about it... but that's easy for me to say since i don't have anything on order at the moment to wait on. hope to change that soon.

good luck, and like Andy says... don't just sit. you can send out or work on other projects that need attention.

good luck!

Sorry to hear that, Bro. Hang in there, like Andy said, if you have to, sub out the HT. Probably get the new stuff before the blades get back from an outside source though. You can always practice sheathmaking. LOL Hang in there my friend.

I can guarantee you boys ole Iz aint gonna sit around. He will be cranking out blades like crazy. Just remember Iz the man up stairs won't give us anything we can't handle. He also has a reason for everything. Keep your chin up and nose to the grind.

I can guarantee you boys ole Iz aint gonna sit around. He will be cranking out blades like crazy. Just remember Iz the man up stairs won't give us anything we can't handle. He also has a reason for everything. Keep your chin up and nose to the grind.

Amen to that brother! :thumbup:

I hear ya Iz. We know your a hardwoodsman and not put off by small difficulties. Best wishes.

You rock, man and you're a good friend. Just wanted you to know that.

And the rest of you rock, too. I appreciate very much the well wishes and encouragement.

Ia's right I'll keep at it. I'm gonna have blades stacked up like cordwood when the new kiln gets here.:D

So far I've kicked out some psks
5043663090_067befa2b6_z.jpg

5043036853_3ace7d6190_z.jpg

Got 16 of 'em ready for heat treat. (there's that word again.:( )

I also worked on the bushcraft challenge knife prototype. I've got it close to ready to grind. And I got most of the handle together on the sr hidden tang.:thumbup:

Thanks again guys for understanding and for the encouragement.
Iz

That sucks Iz......Keep at it brotha. :thumbup:

You need any extra work, Im sure the Dutchies can hook ya up. :D

Negative, Mark.
I'm hoping no later than next Friday I'll have my new kiln.
The switch wasn't the problem on the old one. So I've got a coil on order which will hopefully be here today. And that will hopefully fix the old one. Hopefully.:cool:
Iz

Keep you head up hillbilly you will be up and running soon

Thanks, brutha. Thing are looking up.

With my down time I worked on the z-sere a little.
One side partially rough ground. This thing is a nightmare to convex.
The challenge knife is the one below it, read to grind tomorrow.

5061035063_71677b3ef9_z.jpg

Iz

Thanks, guys.

Hopefully I'll get this sucker heat treated and done by the end of next week.
Then it's to the woods for a beat down!
Iz

Back