Attn. All Smatchetorians! . . . Wanna Help Design The Busse Combat Smatchet?. . . Start Drinkin'!!!

I really like number 4 with out the CBT, perhaps with a option to have one side sharpened and the other with a nice swedge. Or to have both sides sharpened. Perhaps with a lengthened double guard.

Drinking water...to save money for smatchet.

Straight up #12 or maybe 24.

Thin slice bacon please 8"

Jerry suffering from liquor poisoning? No new variants and he's been posting less frequently....... Maybe it's just a Monday thing.

...Oh wait, it's TUESDAY!!! Send SAR out!!!

I picked the wrong day to be on the Busse forum. Maybe the first time in a couple of years. I'm a sucker for a Smachet. Dammit!

As far as drinking and commenting. . . a bit late but keep it simple, and forget chopping of wood and such. A Smachet is for killing. Slicing off a man's arm.

Prefer coffin-handle just for looks. 11" is probably more historically accurate, IIRC.

I've got an EDMF Smachet I picked up after he went under from the XC somewhere. Cast aluminum handle. I love fiddling with that thing. Have yet to have a need to remove limb or head from an opponent with it. It's gotta be 14" long. THAT'S big!

Last edited:
Like this fuller Mod?

Smatchet%20%238%20Mod%20Fuller-XL.jpg

I like this best!!!

I have had this Boker for many years

MfTfUY8.jpg

PO3ygfx.jpg

HQiSP6s.jpg

Boker did a really nice job on machining the handle on that one..looks like Micarta...nice symmetrical pancake too, just needs a forward lanyard hole drilled to make it true BB ;):p....Thanks for the pics Dave!

Back