Attn. All Smatchetorians! . . . Wanna Help Design The Busse Combat Smatchet?. . . Start Drinkin'!!!

Welcome!
No idea where the smatchet project is... I'm sure things are brewing asking with a bunch of different exciting things. Yes never know! But at least know you haven't missed it yet!

Thank you for the hardy welcome and information! :thumbsup: Glad to know I haven’t missed the launch. I have a couple items on order from the shop pending fulfillment (HR2, TGULB, SRMSW, and the SYKCO WS-221) but have yet to purchase a ‘big chopper’ hence the interest here (as this design might be the perfect balance of what I’m looking for)...

Curious what handle shapes on previous models are the best from a ‘comfort in use’ perspective. I see there are a couple handle options on the smatchet being considered in Jerry’s renderings. I imagine a flared base of some kind helps retain the heavier blade but likely any directional handle may limit which side of the blade gets primary use.

Thoughts and musings welcome as I read through the forum with a Blanton’s in hand.

... also in terms of design I’m liking #19, but with #13’s partial (3/4 edge) double sided blade (maybe even 1/2 or 1/4 double edge) I like the idea someone mentioned earlier about keeping part of the blade flat/not sharpened for batoning.

recently discovered Busse Combat Knife Co. (i know...very very late to the game) and I'm blown away by the awesome community built up around this impressive brand. I'm feverishly attempting to catch up on threads, releases, acronyms, etc. so please forgive the question with likely an obvious answer here on this thread (and my similar postings in the future). Was the Smatchet released? Is it still being planned / produced or has the wind changed?

There's a list of all Busse & kin releases (with links) since this thread started at: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/busse-2019-offerings-and-beyond.1634299/

Jerry,
tossing another handle idea - how about something similar to the Randall 18 and CRK Jereboam to stow some waterproof matches, maybe as an option.
Like this design a lot.

when this design is finalized...if the widest part of the blade could also support flipping a pancake i wouldn't be disappointed. I know videos have been produced with produce in the past so one showcasing some cooking abilities to smatchet it up, flip it (... rub it down?....oh no!) could be great marketing fuel.

Super Smatchet Brothers ?

(...looks about the right size)..... tick. tock. tick. tock.
main.png

…will 2022 be the year of the smatchet ?!? Inquiring minds want to know…

Take your pick on blade profiles; just include a D-guard with threaded Talon and lanyard holes and an optional Nuclear D-guard as an add-on.
OINK!!! Let’s Drink!!!

Back