Attn. All Smatchetorians! . . . Wanna Help Design The Busse Combat Smatchet?. . . Start Drinkin'!!!

And I am drinking and holding a Busse knife while thinking about it so you can be sure my knife creation advice is sound

Thanks for letting us in on the process
Very cool!

Lets drink:thumbsup:

PS: We'll be here if you need feedback on that next sword :rolleyes:

This reminds me of when I had a CBT hellrazor a few months ago, id spin it horizontally and catch it. For a brief moment I'd get a blurry image of a double edged hellrazor that looked wicked as...well hell. Liked it so much I drew a sketch of it.
Fast forward two months and now there's a chance of one??

I think Infi has satellite tech in it that relay back to the bossman but John figured out a way to rewire the circuits and spy on Busse HQ

Sorry in advance for the oversized pics.
IMG_2428.jpeg
IMG_2429.jpeg

Mixing and matching Jerry's pics, #17 with 11" blade:

17.png

So what are you drinking?? I'm interested if the flavor of the booze influences the design of the knife:):cool:

Oh, I like the changes in the handle! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
To this point I would've been so-so actually buying one but this makes me intrigued!
Palm swell handle looks perfect!

Here's a new one that incorporates a number of suggestions.

Choils and a nice palm swell for comfort when chopping.

Enhanced fuller.

Devastating pommel with a small flat for pounding.

smatchet%2019-X2.jpg

There ya go, no make it 11" blade 3.3" wide and .187" thick and you got a winner .

sheath making for this one will be super fun .............................ugh.

If you bump those Talon holes down and outward you'd have room to extend the scales to the ends of the guard. I like the blade profile but prefer the original handle and pommel without the palm swells (the TG handles felt too much like I had a golf ball in the middle of the handle, simple flares on both ends would keep the blade in hand fine and would be waaay more comfortable for chopping/slashing). I'd move the grind forward to the the center of the choils or to the back of the cutting edge so the choils are more comfortable (NUKE 'EM?). Maybe add a convexed/re-enforced tip for punching through armor (it is Busse COMBAT after all). Not a fan of the super wide fuller (I'd rather have a higher grind behind the edges), but I seem to be in the minority on this one, so I could take it or leave it.

Again, maybe I'm just envisioning a back to the roots, simple, double edged, combat ready, bomb-proof INFI Beast that doesn't seem to get its influence from a fantasy role player game with all the fullers and CBT waves. (Edit: re-reading this part, it could "read" like I'm being harsh... instead, please read this part like I'm saying this in a fun and lighthearted... maybe even... dare I say...drunk... tone).

In my head, I see...

The Busse COMBAT K(rispy) I(nfused) S(uper) S(matchet)

Last edited:
If'n you go with a regular handle style, please Please PLEASE seriously consider the SHE-2 handle.;)

This new handle design is killer! I think the Bossman is onto something
Here's a new one that incorporates a number of suggestions.

Choils and a nice palm swell for comfort when chopping.

Enhanced fuller.

Devastating pommel with a small flat for pounding.

smatchet%2019-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Back