Attn. All Smatchetorians! . . . Wanna Help Design The Busse Combat Smatchet?. . . Start Drinkin'!!!

smaller fuller would allow for an overall thinner blade profile.

but bigger fuller would be lighter in hand...

Anyway to have a big fuller but keep it relatively thin?

I'm moving towards a 23 handle on a 19 or 24 blade. The expanding butt will probably fit more hands better than a palm-swell handle. And those 2 blades are both dead sexy!!!

How would the feather vane bevels affect sharpening in the long run?

Would it be similar enough to the bevels on the hg55 to compare how it would sharpen?

I like the handle and thinner fuller on 23. If you choose CBT for this model, please offer a Nuclear option without it, like the HOG TG.

Also, thanks for including us in the design process :thumbsup: It’s very cool of you to share your ideas with us and seek our input :cool:

Just a newbie here but I've been fascinated by your work and reputation Mr. Busse.
The blade concept looks interesting have you considered thinner and a bit more symmetrical?
I have this image in my head of the HALO sword only with more of a Celtic primitive design.
Maybe I'm going to the wrong direction?
I cant be the only one who saw silverbullets pic and thought "more like brass cannons" right?
Anyone, cant wait to get ahold of my first BUSSE!

Just a newbie here but I've been fascinated by your work and reputation Mr. Busse.
The blade concept looks interesting have you considered thinner and a bit more symmetrical?
I have this image in my head of the HALO sword only with more of a Celtic primitive design.
Maybe I'm going to the wrong direction?
I cant be the only one who saw silverbullets pic and thought "more like brass cannons" right?
Anyone, cant wait to get ahold of my first BUSSE!
Welcome Mitch! and there's nothing like your first - So here's the deal - you still have a chance to walk away before it's too late so seeing it's your first post, this is kind of a standard tradition to to give you a warning because once you're hooked, remember it was all your fault :D ~ But should you not head the warning it's ok, we've got pages of excuses and lots of enabling advice that makes justification an after thought :D ` Welcome!

Holy INFI, all I can see is BUSSE SMATCHET. Just go ahead and put me down for at least one but I have a bad habit of getting doubles of most everything ordered. Been wanting one for as long as I known what a Busse knife is.

For me, I would love it to be true to the old designs. I have seen several versions of the smatchet over the years and have never liked any more than the original WW2 version. It SHOULD NOT BE little like some of the ones coming out now. It should big enough to chop down a tree. Then later on a smaller companion version can come out. Smatchet Jr, Jerry that can be a Christmas stocking stuffer.

Thank you sir, I need no other justification than to save myself from my ignorant, shameful weapons collection.
Lots of cheap crap, I work too hard to not afford myself some finer devices of devastation!

Thank you sir, I need no other justification than to save myself from my ignorant, shameful weapons collection.
Lots of cheap crap, I work too hard to not afford myself some finer devices of devastation!
There you go! ... I like that! You deserve it! That's an often used line as well and PERFECT! One of my favorite lines, wish I could remember who to credit but look at it like this- you're investing in precious metals! Infi more specifically! That's all you'll need! well, that and learning how outflank the hogs in order to get to the trough at feeding time.... but some things you'll have to learn the hard way :eek::D:cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

People here tryna make a fantasy sword.

Contain yourselves, it's a smatchet. There are specs that make a smatchet a smatchet and not a gladius a fadius a hybrid or a halo.
I agree 100%, stick to the lines of the originals but with a bit of Busse flair. No short swords on this one. Those can be later revisions. Like I mentioned earlier short version Smatchet Jr, longer version Smatchet Father or Godfather. Honor the original, throw in some Busse handle design stuff...boom done.

Contain yourselves, it's a smatchet. There are specs that make a smatchet a smatchet and not a gladius a fadius a hybrid or a halo.

Specification and practicality serve their purpose agreed. I find going outside of the box more interesting, what bold dream was ever born of procedure?
To each their own.
Just remember the smatchet was once a silly "fantasy".

There's a few nefarious hogs here who are working step by treacherous step to make sure this smatchet looks exactly like a TGLB LE :D

Shhh be quiet! I was going to secretly sabotage this and turn the smatchet into a pair of octagonal shaft sai's!

Back