Authenticating a sterile Battle Rat

I bought a Battle Rat directly from Swamp Rat many years ago and its been a safe queen ever since, minty condition. I'd like to move it along, but I don't have the receipt and there isn't a single identifying mark anywhere on the knife or sheath unless its under the black coating. The Battle Rat "SR101 #8230" specs from the "Specs & Weights" thread match my knife exactly. Any ideas on how I could authenticate it to a prospective buyer? Failing that, I guess I could only point to my personal reputation on various sites and forums. Thanks.
--Paul

Pics would go a LONG way to helping you out with the ID of the knife.

However, you cannot ask about value or sell here without a Gold membership or above.

As far as I know, there’s nobody out there making fake Resiprene-C handled knives. I think lots of good photos (as suggested above) will essentially prove it’s authenticity to most of the people in the market for that knife.
However - do you really need to sell it? That’s an amazing knife you’ve got there - do you have another like it??

Just to be clear, I am not offering the knife for sale here, only asking a technical question about identification. Scdub's observation about the Resiprene-C handle being unique is a great one--hadn't thought of that. Pictures are available at
https://photos.app.goo.gl/c5UuBjSMt72YRwgXA
Thanks.

Paul
Just wanted to be sure, most threads like this end up with the OP asking for what the knife is worth.

Looks like an authentic SBR to me. Go love on her! :)

My first two Swamp Rats (Howling Rat and Scrapper 6) both came “sterile”. I think that makes them interesting.

Is the Scrapper 6 a scrap yard?
Or is it pre scrap yard?
Off topic, apologies.

It looks authentic to me. If someone was going to go to the trouble to copy it, wouldn't they go the rest of the way and mark it to make it easier to sell?

Is the Scrapper 6 a scrap yard?
Or is it pre scrap yard?
Off topic, apologies.
I’m not sure actually - bought on the secondary - I’ve heard it was their first model but that was from a random post recently.
Knife is a tank - over 1/4” SR-77.

Nice looking Battle Rat.

As often as not, the Rats would ship without logos. Early on they had them, then as wait times increased they mostly shipped without them so that they would get into the hands of folks who had waited a year or so for their orders.

Those were the glory days IMO. Everyone in the old rat forum was pretty much bonded by the fact that we were all waiting for knives to ship. Then when we received them, it felt weird, so we’d order another. Lol!

Nice looking Battle Rat.

As often as not, the Rats would ship without logos. Early on they had them, then as wait times increased they mostly shipped without them so that they would get into the hands of folks who had waited a year or so for their orders.

Those were the glory days IMO. Everyone in the old rat forum was pretty much bonded by the fact that we were all waiting for knives to ship. Then when we received them, it felt weird, so we’d order another. Lol!
Good 'ole days...

Back