Author puts SAK through serious test!

Just read the article and saw his YouTube video.
Very cool.
Gonna buy his book too.
Thanks for posting this

Andy

I've had that book saved on my Amazon wish list for a while now. I might just have to go ahead and pick it up.

Thanks for the heads-up on the book! I'll be purchasing a copy myself.

BTW, it says that he prefers a Rangergrip 79, so he may have used that instead of the Camper pictured on the cover.

Jim

Cool thanks for the heads up. I'm going to order a copy.

DaRn.
I don't have the 'Camper' model. :(
All I have* is the 'Recruit', 'Huntsman' and a old style 110mm(?) German Army SAK. :)
Do y'all think they'd work just as well, or do I need get the 'Camper'?

*I also have a 'Signature', but I doubt it would work as well in a bushcraft/survival situation as the 93mm or larger SAK's.

DaRn.
All I have* is the 'Recruit', 'Huntsman' and a old style 110mm(?) German Army SAK. :)

*I also have a 'Signature', but I doubt it would work as well in a bushcraft/survival situation as the 93mm or larger SAK's.

The Huntsman is a Camper with scissors added. You should be good on equipment, now all you need is his skillset.

yablanowitz yablanowitz
Long, long ago, in my early years of being on this rock, I learned skill, finesse, and "common sense" (which it seems is not so common these days) beats brute force at least 110% of the time.
Take batoning a knife for example. Personally, I've never understood why someone would want to take a chance of breaking their knife.

DaRn.

The German Army SAK would probably be the best bet, unless it's the early one that has no saw. The current ones are a variation of the OH Trekker, my first choice for the purpose. Also, hang on to that Signature. You might need a toothpick, pull a thorn from a lion's paw or your own, dress a broken fingernail, trim your mustache or some other minor grooming purposes. Just because you are in wilderness doesn't mean you have to be a slob. And if you ever get hopelessly lost, you can use it to write farewells to your loved ones, provided you remember to bring some paper. :D

These knives are strong anough if you know how to use knife.Large models are great for camping,especially if you complement it with a hatchet or large fixed blade.

Back