5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

Last edited:
Alayna loves sardines and smoked oysters, so we had some snacks of our own with this, but we also managed to find a few wild ones and we both love those also :)

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

24.jpg

It pays to be careful which persimmons you just pop in your mouth...just because there are no bees on it does not mean there aren't bees in it...but not a bad haul for the day

22.jpg

23.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

20171014_191731.jpg.jpg

A few less edibles...

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

Gathered a few persimmon seeds from some scat. As I understand it, the seeds are like cherry pits and they are not likely to grow unless they haved passed through a digestive track where the acid will remove the outer coating.

35.jpg

36.jpg

Last edited:
That last pic is survival jelly

LOL, maybe for Mikey, but I ain't eatin' it, I know too many better options ;)

very nice mist

thanks for sharing & it's good to see you posting again

Thanks man...there have been a lot of factors...too many...so I won't go back into that again, but it's good to be back around and have something worthwhile to add again my friend. It has been one really stressed out year...

Thank you Abe! Uneven ground still hurts like hell sometimes during hikes, and can hurt for days after, but Autumn is my favorite season so I am glad I'm not having to miss it all together

Thanks for sharing the pictures ... it's a great time of year to spend a day out just wandering taking it all in ... even better to have good company to enjoy it with.

Thanks for sharing the pictures ... it's a great time of year to spend a day out just wandering taking it all in ... even better to have good company to enjoy it with.

Thank you JJ, I'm glad you liked the post :)

You're quite welcome ... I'm looking forward to this next weekend I have some time to get out more and finally broke down and got a new camera ... going to try to figure it out and get some new pictures ... or break it and go back to the old 35mm standby lol

seeing your post just makes me wish my week away to get out and spend the weekend relaxing and recharging.

More, more more Mist. Show us that big badass firesteel that some big deal made for you. Lol

Last edited:
More, more more Midt. Show us that big badass firesteel that some big deal made for you. Lol

Already in the leather back pack as part of the Journey East project, just been waiting on temps to cool down enough to have afire ;)

Awesome pics! Thanks again for sharing. I hope to do some wandering this weekend.

Back