• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AVAILABLE! 180mm Deep S-Grind Serbian Cleaver - Sean Alonzo

For this month's crazy piece, I was challenged by a chef friend to make some kind of fusion. The result was this BEAST of a tall 80mm x 180mm Serbian Cleaver.
IMG_20200531_081901 (1).jpg
Available for 770USD - and for you bladeforums knife nerds, I'll waive shipping fees. Hit me up at baleteblades@gmail.com if you're interested!

FEATURES:
Blade: AEB-L High carbon stainless steel, Cryo-frozen & Triple tempered to 61HRC
Blade Details: Deep S-grind on a 80mm x 180mm (3inch x 7inch) Serbian cleaver
Handle: Brass tapered front bolster & Buttcap, Stabilized "chocolate" Box Elder Burl.

Balance.jpg
Balanced Right at the choil

Cleaver.jpg Full Beauty shot of the Cleaver

Bolster.jpgClose-up on the Tapered brass bolster
Butt cap.jpg
Close-up on the brass butt cap with a forged stainless steel plug.

CHOIL.jpg A closeup of the choil - showing the cross-section of the deep S-grind

THANKS FOR LOOKING! Check out daily updates through any of these socials you might be on!
IG: @baleteblades
FB: Balete Blades - Sean Alonzo

What a piece of art!
Just wondering, would the thin section be fragile with some "hard use"?
I've never seen this feature and was wondering if it had any counterpart

What a piece of art!
Just wondering, would the thin section be fragile with some "hard use"?
I've never seen this feature and was wondering if it had any counterpart
hmmm I wouldn't say its for cleaving cow bones. The "heaviest use" I've done with it is chopping up butternut squash, and it doesn't even flex. I'd say the closest counterpart would be either a single beveled Deba, or a thin Chinese cleaver (I think this is the closest in terms of function).

Back