• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AVOID Gabe Webb AKA GP01 AKA GWebb

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE: AVOID at all cost
Gabriel Cay Webb
9910 74th st unit E
Kenosha WI 53142
262-308-9095
jagdoga@outlook.com

HI,
I purchased an ESEE3 from user GP01 on september 5th and I think Im having a problem with him. It started when he would promise to ship, then kept missing the promised day to ship. I would have to PM him multiple times daily to even find out if he shipped anything.
He finally said it shipped on weds the 10th and it was scheduled to arrive on Friday sept 12. IT's still not here and I haven't heard anything from him after wednesday. I've send him multiple PMs asking for a tracking number. No reply.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ESEE-3P-UC-MB-with-Azwelke-kydex-*PRICE-DROP*

I searched his past deals and emailed someone who posted an "I'll take it" in one of GP01's threads. Here is that person's reply:
"This guy apparently has issues. I told him that I'd buy the knife and it took 24 hours for him to answer. Then I sent him paypal funds and it went into some girl's account. Two days later after I emailed him he sent me an email apologizing that there had been a mixup and someone had already purchased the knife. He sent my money back so I was glad to get away from him. I've had two other members ask me about my dealings with him because they were having the sane issues that you are having. Good luck with him and I learned that if someone doesn't have at least some good feedback then I'll just pass on that deal."

Well, he does have two positive feedbacks now, I sure wish one of these guys would have posted their feedback on GP01's profile.

Last edited:
Yup. Started the above thread on him awhile ago. Took him two weeks to finally ship and only wrote back once out of many many messages and emails between another buyer and i but the knives did finally get to us. I did leave him good feedback because he did come through finally and people make mistakes and things come up but gotta say i'm disappointed he didn't get his s#$% together. It might get to you eventually.In me and kingkane's case it took 2 1/2 weeks for the knives to arrive. I didn't start a GBU thread til 2 weeks after cause that's totally unexceptable.I waited a week without worry cause some just ship slower than others but i myself and almost everybody else here ships in, same day to 3 days. This is a bummer to here cause thought he would have changed. This is going to effect his sales and his crediblity as a member. Way to many strikes in a row.

GP01 you gotta change ways soon or you ain't gonna make it here as a seller.

Yeah he told a sob story about troubles in his life and thought WTF we all make mistakes and thought he would change his ways since it was his first sale here. But this is becoming way to often of an occurrence now. Rusty i'd give him bad feedback right now if you haven't already and if he comes through(which he probably will) change it to neutral. All i got to say is disappointed. He should get back to you one way or the other. Though it did take a thread in GBU for him to respond to us as well so he might show up soon. We'll see.

I left him negative feedback. If he comes through, the best ill do is change it to neutral. Future buyers need to know about his tendencies.

Last edited:
I think people may be worried the offending party might counter a negative feedback with a retort of his own.

I can fully understand the guy with 5 years of solid feedback, with many honest transactions, baulking at the thought of getting an undeserved mark against their name.

Having said that, the feedback system is only worth a damn if the truth is told regarding dodgy communication and lack of following through.

Yes sir.. Negative feedback was the right thing. I personally don't buy any sob storys when it comes to completing transaction. Something always comes up once the money reaches certain people. These are usually the same people who go to work late and leave early .. Sometimes they may borrow money and be mad they have to pay it back . You know the lazy self entitled ones. I personally thank you for telling it like it is.

Best of luck working this out, Rusty. It's very disconcerting (the fact that GP01 has continued repeating his past failures), especially in lieu of the fact that he was given the benefit of the doubt & was basically forgiven, for what he recently did to, Ulf & kingkane.

Last edited:
Didn't we just read about him in GB&U?

"I am sorry" and "I learned from this" go out the door, the guy is just a POS scammer...............

Lets take it easy. Please keep in mind that he will eventually come to this thread and, based on what he reads here, make a decision how to move forward. If we assault him, it is more likely that he will walk away from the whole situation and leave me high and dry.

iTrader feedback is best posted after the deal is completed. Neutral feedback is a good warning signal; negative may turn out to be too harsh. Getting feedback "corrected" can be difficult.

Lets take it easy. Please keep in mind that he will eventually come to this thread and, based on what he reads here, make a decision how to move forward. If we assault him, it is more likely that he will walk away from the whole situation and leave me high and dry.

So we baby him and let him skate on yet another rotten deal that he clearly screwed up and did so not by accident.

If he comes here and says "because of what that bad man wolfmann601 posted I will not make good on the deal" I am certain he will be petted, pampered and pluffed.............................................Nah:D

There's a big difference between what I'm doing and "letting him skate." Calling him a piece of sh_t scammer isn't super helpful at this point.

Please accept my apologies.

I hope everything works out fine with your current deal. If he refuses to make this right because I called him a POS scammer please tell him that is my opinion only.

Good luck

I spent some time snooping around on the internet and I found GP01's contact information. Through various means I got ahold of him and he said he did ship the knife as promised, but he didn't get a tracking number as promised so I'm still empty handed. He told me he would call the post office and "get this straightened out" but I haven't heard back from him. I would only expect them to tell him average transit time for a package.

I'm hoping he did ship it as he says and I'm guessing he used el cheapo shipping method (in combination with delayed shipping date) and that's why its taking much longer than the "expected" delivery day of Friday the 12th.

I will update again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back