• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

AVOID Gabe Webb AKA GP01 AKA GWebb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I missed it but how did you pay?

Regular PP or PP gift?

If you used regular PP I'd file a dispute soon..

Considering the fiasco last time GP01's name hit GB&U and his apology and lesson learned comments, one would think the very first thing he would do is get a tracking number.
And, unless he lives in a very small Town where the Postmaster knows all, they probably would have no clue unless he had a receipt.

Ah a receipt, can he send you a copy of one?

Ohh no here we go again I really wanted to believe that what GP was telling everyone was true. He did end up making things right it just took TIME.. I was hopeful he learned something from that deal and the thread started by ULF in the GB&U. I never ended up leaving feedback from our transaction but know I wish I would have to at least let people to know to be cautious when doing a deal with him...

I just left feedback for GP I hope it helps..sorry rusty I should have done this sooner good luck to you

Has GP01 been on BFC lately?

I hope he makes good, integrity is far too valuable a commodity to waste on a knife.

And once gone, it is gone...

I gave him a temp ban, if he does not respond soon I will convert it to a permanent ban and would advise the OP publicly publish his details for the world to see. Also, this is another reason why Paypal Gift should be avoided at all costs, yet it continues to happen over and over with the same results.

I will post his info shortly. He continues to be unresponsive and unhelpful. I'm kindly calling his wife tomorrow to see if she will help me out.

Good idea on the phone call, let me know if you need me to do anything on this end.

It was actually her number I found first. When I called her last week she was nice and helpful. She told me not to worry and gave me his number. He was responsive at first and promised the knife was on its way. Well it still isn't here and he isn't responsive anymore. If I had to speculate, I'd say he might depressed or bipolar. There seems to be two sides to him. This would also make sense if his excuses in the last feedback thread about him were true.

I spoke to his wife today and, low and behold, he got back to me within 20 minutes of my conversation with her. He said he drove to the PO and they had the package there because it had been "returned to sender." Why was it at the PO? I don't know, could be a fib. Why didn't he respond to my daily texts if he believed he legitimately mailed it off? Draw your own conclusions. He then sent me a tracking number that shows a package heading my way to be delivered on Wednesday.
I'll let you know what it is.

I spoke to his wife today and, low and behold, he got back to me within 20 minutes of my conversation with her. He said he drove to the PO and they had the package there because it had been "returned to sender." Why was it at the PO? I don't know, could be a fib. Why didn't he respond to my daily texts if he believed he legitimately mailed it off? Draw your own conclusions. He then sent me a tracking number that shows a package heading my way to be delivered on Wednesday.
I'll let you know what it is.

He's nuts. He"ll probably come through but will take 2 or more weeks for you to get it. I don't know why he does what he does. It drives everybody crazy that's involved or not involved with his sales. Why why why ? take so long shipping. I guarntee you he did not ship when he told you he did. He's weird. Very nice everytime i talked to him but rarely does what he says he's going to do. I don't understand and can't sympythize with someone with that mindset of just doing things whenever it's convenent for them and when it's on someone else's dime.

No apology? No blame thrown on his wife? Just blaming the PO saying they still had the knife.......OK

I hope it comes and then hope no one else ever deals with this PO... ah, I mean person.

Well the knife showed up today. It was pretty much in the condition described, but I think his definition of "patina" might be my definition of "surface rust." No biggie I can handle it.
He threw in a little buck folder "for my trouble." Sorry, too little too late.
The box had his wife's name on the return address and, honestly, if I hadn't called her at work, I don't think I would ever have recieved this knife.
In the end I give a big negative for my deal with GP01 AKA
Gabriel Cay Webb
9910 74th st unit E
Kenosha WI 53142
262-308-9095

On the other hand, big +1 for his wife Jessica and her help.

Next time you guys have a bad experience with someone please post feedback about the deal. It could save someone a big headache.

I am glad your knife arrived.
Does not change my opinion; Gabriel Webb is a scamming, irresponsible, dishonest crook in training.

I hope NO ONE on BFC ever deals with him again, the more practice we give him the better scammer he will become.

Time to create a BFC RED LIST, a list of names of members (term used loosely) whose dealings are so below standard that even negative feedback is a compliment.

Is he a Thief.................................Gabriel is quacking like a duck, waddling like a duck therefore he must be...................................Innocent!!!!!! his wife did it!!! ( Nah, a duck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back