Awesome HOG loan.

mymindisamob

Platinum Member
I have some great INFI on long term loan/layaway and am more than happy. I am even more happy and in lust now though. I have the good fortune to have had another awesome HOG loan me (for a week+) my Grail. I want one even more now. I have not been able to do much since it came yesterday, but will play with it this week. Here are some (very poor pics/sad camera) comparisons with my BATAC for now.
P1040115.jpg

P1040114.jpg

P1040113.jpg

P1040111.jpg

P1040110.jpg

P1040109.jpg

P1040107.jpg

P1040106.jpg

P1040105.jpg

P1040104.jpg

Have fun with it, send it back to me when you are done, thanks.:D

Have fun with it, send it back to me when you are done, thanks.:D

Nice try!;)
I've been wondering if he'd notice the difference if I sent him another knife back.:eek:;)
J/K, J/K! I do love this knife though.:thumbup:

P1040104.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice one:thumbup:

I have been waiting for a re-release of this blade for a while, I plan on buying several when and if it comes back. It is to me the most perfect hunting\edc blade ever made....I love my meaner but the BAIII takes the cake

Congrats

I have been waiting for a re-release of this blade for a while, I plan on buying several when and if it comes back. It is to me the most perfect hunting\edc blade ever made....I love my meaner but the BAIII takes the cake

Congrats

You could be waiting a very long two weeks. It seems unlikely that Jerry would re-release it in the exact same configuration as before.

---------------------------

Hey Chris!

I'm next on the pass around, right? :D

You could be waiting a very long two weeks. It seems unlikely that Jerry would re-release it in the exact same configuration as before.

---------------------------

Hey Chris!

I'm next on the pass around, right? :D

Hey Resinrib, what a great idea.
I think it's time I do another SHBA passaround. :eek:

MMIAM,

Be sure to give us all a review.

Thanks

Did a little playin' since I am home with a nasty bug yet again. In between naps I cut some cheese for our grilled turkey sandwiches. Cuts cheese better than most INFI in this case. Of course it's thinner than most.
P1040127.jpg

P1040129.jpg

P1040130.jpg

I also went out to the garage to whittle a piece of Maple and a chunk of Fir.
Maple with a chunk of Teak for battoning.
P1040131.jpg

Chopping
P1040132.jpg

Slicing
P1040133.jpg

and a little fuzz.
P1040134.jpg

Not bad for a near factory edge. I touched it up with the Edge Pro @ 220 before starting.

I beat the crap out of this poor little blade, but since it is not mine (sadly) I chose to not push it too far. This Fir is some of the worst I've chopped and I've chopped a lot.
P1040135.jpg

P1040136.jpg

P1040137.jpg

P1040139.jpg

P1040140.jpg

P1040142.jpg

P1040143.jpg

The Teak stood up to the beating rather well too.
P1040141.jpg

Overall I love this blade even more. It is still, in my estimation, Perfect.
It washes right up and I will hit it with the Edge Pro again before I begrudgingly send it home.

Hey Resinrib, what a great idea.
I think it's time I do another SHBA passaround. :eek:

MMIAM,

Be sure to give us all a review.

Thanks

If you do (and thanks for the last one, I enjoyed my time with it), make sure you made a rule about hitting the spine with something harder than wood. I remember when I opened that one, I had to go immediately to the camera to take pics to show all the dings in the spine were already there!!!

Some one must have hit that sucker with a hammer or stones!

It looks like you had a great time with it. :thumbup: On the return, whenever you get the chance is ok by me--no rush. What did you think of the sheath? Not too bad, eh? Paul always does great work, and is quite fast about getting a sheath done once he has an order in as well.

It looks like you had a great time with it. :thumbup: On the return, whenever you get the chance is ok by me--no rush. What did you think of the sheath? Not too bad, eh? Paul always does great work, and is quite fast about getting a sheath done once he has an order in as well.

The sheath is beautiful! I am more of a utilitarian guy. When I take the knife out of this sheath I set it aside in fear of marring it. Not that I would, but I am so used to things less aesthetic. It fits well and I wouldn't hesitate to suggest his work to leather lovers.
I hope to play a little more this weekend and get it out to you the beginning of next week. Thanks yet again.:thumbup: I love this style even more now.

Bring it back Jerry!

This is one sweet little knife. I'd love to get my hands on one some day. ;):) Thanks for the pics and review. :thumbup:

P1040143.jpg

Wow, that cool! But why you don't want to buy? Well, I know it might be expensive to afford this beauty, but take a short-term loan and buy yourself this precious knife! Take one of these installment loans online and play with this beauty forever. I am not going to mention that after a few years you can resell it for more.

Congratulations!! :eek:
You have just bumped an 8+ year old thread about a 1 week INFI loan to the top... lol :D;)

Back