Axe Rack

Looks freakin killer!
Thanks. I’m very inexperienced as far as woodworking goes so I was happy with it. I was worried it was gonna look like something cobbled together with pallets. The idea was to move the finished axes into the house and if it had looked like a 9th graders first shop project the house move would’ve been nixed

I need to make something similar. Any chance you've got some plans for it?

Thanks,

B
Honestly, I just had an idea in my head and had the lumber in my shop. The cross rails (horizontal boards) are all 2x2 pine and are 9+ feet long. This is just the size lumber I had available so these specs are subject to change depending on what you wantThere are four 2x4 vertical posts that are 36”. The 4 are spaced equally apart and make three racks within the racks. I liked having the separate sections as I used one for DB’s, one for SB’s and one for camp axes and cruisers. I attached the 2x2’s to the 2x4’ by cutting out a shallow notch with a router and then fasteners of course. If you have any questions I can take pictures that show the construction better.

Well done, the notched uprights were a nice touch. And that’s not even “half” your collection?? Hope the room has a strong floor, lol.

Well done, the notched uprights were a nice touch. And that’s not even “half” your collection?? Hope the room has a strong floor, lol.
Thanks! Fortunately the racks are on the first floor of my home which was built on a slab 😜
So, I finished the 2nd rack and moved it into the house. I took some pictures that show the racks construction for anyone wanting to fashion a rack of their own. I haven’t started to move more axes as it’s been unseasonably warm here in NC bringing rain and storms the past 2 days.

Back