Axe, Tomahawk & Hatchet Photo Thread

Nice collections there! Shame none of them are yours. Maybe one day eh?

As iv'e for years now been the sole caretaker of the collection of antique tools, I'm in no particular hurry to take ownership as well .I"m content to see to their health and maintenance as I get to enjoy handling/working with them

Last edited:
Lol, jealousy is indeed an ugly color on you there twiggy. I dont pretend to know what crawled into and is now wedged within your rectum but you should take that elsewhere. I've attempted to trade and or sell nothing not mine .Every piece is as much mine as it is pop's, we searched them out together for years before it was the cool thing to do . Lastly, I encourage you to say it to my face mr internet tough guy.

recently picked up a few helko's, a Saxon splitter and a journeyman.
not overly pleased with the finish on the saxon, i took the forge scale off a and thinned and evened out the edge. Very pleased with the performance after that, love the handle and the heft of this tool. Not to heavy not to light. I find 6 lbs on 30" is just right for me. Split well over a cord with it, just blowing rounds apart.
Journeyman was good to go out the box, all i did was strop it a bit. Excellent polish on the head. Used to limb a blow down, Slick little axe.
IMG_0332 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr
IMG_0333 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr
IMG_0335 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr
IMG_0338 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr
IMG_0353 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr
IMG_0350 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr
IMG_0352 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr
IMG_0364 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr
IMG_0348 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr
IMG_0349 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr
IMG_0347 by Ian Hockensmith, on Flickr

Lol, jealousy is indeed an ugly color on you there twiggy. I dont pretend to know what crawled into and is now wedged within your rectum but you should take that elsewhere. I've attempted to trade and or sell nothing not mine .Every piece is as much mine as it is pop's, we searched them out together for years before it was the cool thing to do . Lastly, I encourage you to say it to my face mr internet tough guy.

Really? It's Josh. How about you reply to my messages tough guy? Instead of blocking me when you got called out for your lies? You want to try and be a hero?

If anyone reading this wants to go ahead and Google: Anson Barthold, Indiana. You'll see what kind of a fella you're dealing with.

You should've just replied Anson...

I hope you two can see fit to finish this somewhere else.

Happy to. If he’d reply to my messaging. But he has a problem with truth and honesty so he blocked me and this was the only way to prompt him to do what’s right and answer me privately. Sorry to hijack your forum dude.

I don’t know about Anson other than he shared pictures of axes.
Twig, you can post on his profile page:
Here <—

The rest of it sounds personal
Here are a couple of Plumb axes:
hlTQr4b.jpg

ARvOVQi.jpg

E6XA0GH.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t know about Anson other than he shared pictures of axes.
Twig, you can post on his profile page:
Here<—

The rest of it sounds personal
Here are a couple of Plumb axes:
hlTQr4b.jpg

ARvOVQi.jpg

E6XA0GH.jpg

Right.

The Victory looks incredible and must feel just as equal when swinging and throwing a few chips:thumbsup::cool:

The double...I am not sure the pattern, looks absolutely beautiful. I am not sure if that handle is your work or vintage made beautiful but BAM!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Truely great looking axes sir...great work as always AgentH:cool:

I really like axes, but I have little to no use for them in my life sadly. However, I have two small camp axes, as I occasionally go to the woods.
5sGad6k.jpg

First off, this POS with its bent blade. Good looking tho.

siBP4Uf.jpg

Then there's this guy.

Back