Axe, Tomahawk & Hatchet Photo Thread

Gransfors Bruks - Scandinavian Forest Axe (my oldest personal GB)

IMG_7085.JPG

Im trying to make a one of a kind bearded hatchet, and I want to put the head inside the handle. Instead of wrapping it around the handle, and im having trouble removing the wood where i want to put the head. Any tips?

I apologize in advance for this and am still familiarizing myself with the site. Its been a long time since I have been on.

I am trying to locate a dealer or individual to acquire an RMJ mini jenny wren. Handle color is not a must and new or used would be ok, depending on how used. I have an original RMJ bowie style knife I would like to trade is the only stipulation. I do have pics and can post or email them if anyone can point me in the right direction. The knife is quite rare and I have never seen another one, similar ones I have seen have sold in the $400-$500+ range. It is near excellent condition and has a stag handle, brass guard and pommel and a nice leather sheath that is original to the knife. Both the knife and sheath are stamped and signed. This is before RMJ Tactical became huge.

Thanks for any help anyone might have, FWIW I am a very long standing member on another site similar to this one with a very high itrader rating

In keeping with the forum topic here are a couple I have personally made, pics arent that great
IMG_3215.jpg IMG_3216.jpg IMG_3217.jpg IMG_3218.jpg

Last edited:
I always forget to tack progress pics... but here is one! I picked up this Collins hatchet at a yard sale. The handle was shot, so I am cleaning it up and will rehang it whenever I can find a good handle. It is a little smaller than the "standard" 1 1/4 hatchet head, weighing in at 1lb 1oz. I am thinking of hanging it with a strait shaft, but I am not 100% sure about that yet.

OIsx3SO - Imgur.jpg

I always forget to tack progress pics... but here is one! I picked up this Collins hatchet at a yard sale. The handle was shot, so I am cleaning it up and will rehang it whenever I can find a good handle. It is a little smaller than the "standard" 1 1/4 hatchet head, weighing in at 1lb 1oz. I am thinking of hanging it with a strait shaft, but I am not 100% sure about that yet.

View attachment 973356

I bet a straight haft, in that hatchet length range of comfort will operate well splitting for kindling and shaving for tinder.

Cant wait to see the after pics.:thumbsup:

Well I cleaned the Collins hatchet head up today- Removed rust and smoothed it out a little, addressed some mushrooming on the poll, sharpened, and patina'd a little with hot vinegar. It came out pretty nice for what was and will be a user. Now I just need to find a good handle for it!

r2rq1am - Imgur.jpg

Back