1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

axes of the movies

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Bladite, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Agent_H

Agent_H Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Maybe this thing?

Fire Axe Inc. JP Special Pickhead Firefighter Axe
    http://www.firefightersafety.com/fire-axe.aspx

2. Faiaoga

Faiaoga

Jul 3, 2012
    The western novel "Shane" starts out with Shane helping a frontier family clear out a stump with a heavy axe; it isan important scene to establish the relationship of the former gunfighter Shane to his adopted family. A film version was made, but I cannot remember if the axe scene was part of the film. Can any movie experts help out? :cool:

I think the book was by Jack Schaefer in 1949, the film was from 1952. Correct me if I am wrong.:D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2016
    marchone likes this.
  3. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    That same company makes an aluminum ceremonial axe, and it's more likely that they used it as its a prop that needs to be safe.
    I don't have it anymore, but the pics on that companies website are what I based a wooden fire axe on that I made as a prop for Halloween when I was a kid. I really wish I still had it.

4. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    TLOTM
    [video=youtube;sYVz2G-r01U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYVz2G-r01U[/video]

5. quinton

quinton

Nov 4, 2006
    The movie, "Where the Red Fern Grows", has several axe scenes, including an axedental death. The lil' punk axeualy deserved it.

marchone likes this.
  6. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    I only remember seeing the one axe though, the double bit that his dad gave him.
    It always intrigued me as it seemed to be a full sized double bit head on a hatchet length handle.

7. quinton

quinton

Nov 4, 2006
    His dad hands him a man sized double bit to finish chopping down the big sycamore that his first coon was treed in, too.
    I remember seeing "Where the Red Fern Grows" on the playing now sign in front of the local drive-in when it was first released.

8. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    That's right, I forgot about the full.sized db he's handed to finish the tree off.

9. Goose 7279

Goose 7279 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Yea i think its called the jp special from fire ax inc they are pretty awesome ive wanted one also wanted the badaxx

10. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    That's definitely the maker, but they also make an aluminum ceremonial version ( armorers always try to avoid real steel blades whenever possible, so I'm still assuming it may be the aluminum version )

They are an awesome liking axe though.

11. steve-in-kville

steve-in-kville

Dec 25, 2001
    Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter?

(I'm not a vampire movie guy, but it was a cool flick!)

Moonw likes this.
  12. rjdankert

rjdankert Basic Member Basic Member

Mar 10, 2011
    "STRAIT-JACKET" (1964) STARRING JOAN CRAWFORD AND DIANE BAKER
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bob

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Agent_H and Moonw like this.
  13. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    And it's a Michigan with phantom bevels too, now that's awesome 👍

14. Lieblad

Lieblad

Jul 24, 2015
    rom...)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
  15. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    Star Trek Generations
    [​IMG]

[video=youtube;ueG4YhX6vw0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueG4YhX6vw0[/video]

16. wanganui axe

wanganui axe

Jun 29, 2017
    Just watched Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando last night.1985.At the start Arnie is splitting wood and catches a reflection in a really shiny axe.Prominant in the axe is True Temper.Later while rescuing his daughter he takes out some random South {or maybe central} American guerilla with a meaty double bit.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  17. wanganui axe

wanganui axe

Jun 29, 2017

18. wanganui axe

wanganui axe

Jun 29, 2017
    Overkill there that poor chunk of wood!!!!

19. DB_Cruiser

DB_Cruiser

Jul 17, 2018
    While not a movie, Rick Grimes' hatchet sees some pretty heavy use in The Walking Dead. Supposedly it is a Cold Steel Gang Hatchet. Every time he uses it, I turn to my wife and say, "Nice axe!" She just rolls her eyes.

Agent_H and Moonw like this.
  20. Kevin Houtzager

Kevin Houtzager

Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    Moonw, tanglediver and DB_Cruiser like this.