Axis AFCK

I need all you guys out there to buy up every AFCK Axis out there so BenchMade will decide on making a mini. I really like my old one though the lock fails spinal whack test.

They still need to be rid of that damn hole! -Brian

Maybe we shouldn't buy them so Benchmade will make a satin version. ;)

As this thread got moving when C.J. dissed the axis lock, I would like to look back at that and say, that there is no, lock out there that cant fail on a folder. I have heard of most all of them closing when not intended, for one reason or another over time, on this forum. Thats why I think folders are only a cutting tool. As a weapon its a last ditch resort and your better off to slash than stab into something with them. A small or large fixed blade with adequate guard is really the best choice when its legal. Any folder is a compromise. Realize it and deal with it. That said, the axis lock is more consistent and less of compromise. As for the rolling lock SIFU....well there is a story there, and I am not sure if its design thats a problem or the execution as they seem all better after being "fixed". Either way, great knife but a better slasher than pig sticker.

I agree. There is no substitute for a fixed blade when available.

In reference to the 6th post on the 2nd page: The only people in business who are naive are those who are dishonorable. Said another way, "I'd rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the one who sold it.". Or - It's impossible to be cheated by anyone but yourself. And my own invention - Integrity is the bottom line.

WC Fields said it like
"You cant cheat an honest man"
Though I used to doubt it. Most cons rely on the mark's greed to jump at a deal thats too good to be true.

Any one know where I can get one of those clearance priced AFCK 800s?
I think I can prevent cutting myself with

I find this all very interesting though yet more support for the FULL TANG FIXED BLADE!

Back