Böker in your pocket today...

That is a beauty! Enjoy it!

(never seen that model before - the burl is beautiful)

Thanks, snippy. I'm currently attracted to modern folders with wood scales for some reason!

Did you see post #17 above by 99cuts? It looks like the Exskelibur will be available soon in cocobolo and ebony.

The Boker I'd like to have in my pocket today is the Uolcos . Does anyone know when it will finally be available in Canada or the US?

I have been carrying the plus Federal.
Beautifully designed and sits great in the pocket!
194D04AF-463B-4BA7-AEEA-A8383BEA6A4A_zps8pbv5iph.jpg

This one has pushed all others out of my pocket:

U8UruR.jpg

Boker Base by Jens Anso. I liked it when I first got it, but now I can't be without it! It is just the perfect edc for me. The entire knife is very thin and has made it extremely useful. Utility knife at its Zenith!

I will probably do a review on it soon to post in the "knife reviews" forum.

Eric

Nice micarta handles on that little fixed blade xanopos. That is a good looking knife!

I got myself a new Boker and today I am taking it into the rainy woods!

EcJCFL.jpg

Hey xanopos,

How are you liking the Bushcrafter XL? It just is now available here in the US at a good price. I have mine now and it had a few minor issues that I have corrected. Overall I am very impressed with this Krein designed knife at this price.

The 440C is hardened to perfection. I put my own edge on it (factory edge was not at all impressive) and now it is ready to go into the forest for some testing.

(that is mine peeking out of my pocket a few posts back!)

Eric

I kind of like the aesthetics of the Pipsqueak even though it's kind of chubby. But it seems awfully impractical. Reminds me of my Albatros whick actually can't cut anything and lacks a half decent tip.

/ J

Today december 31, last day of the year 2014... I suppose this:

Albatros_zps07bfa8fc.jpg

The Albatros from Böker :thumbup:

I think the Kwaiken is a really good looking knife but I'm a bit too concerned about weight and balance too buy it. Also I, like many others, have a mixed experience with Böker Plus QC otherwise it would be on it's way! :)

Let the new year begin! I'm having this in my pocket today even though I really think it's very impractical and actually not a really good knife overall.

B%C3%B6ker%20Nano%201a.jpg

(some more pictures, and a review unfortenately only available in Swedish :) http://cykligare.blogspot.se/2014/01/little-big-knives-boker-plus-nano.html)

/ J

I think the Kwaiken is a really good looking knife but I'm a bit too concerned about weight and balance too buy it. Also I, like many others, have a mixed experience with Böker Plus QC otherwise it would be on it's way! :)

I went to the knife store to pick up a few blades including the Kwaiken. When I got it in my hands at the store I was having second thoughts about it but ended up buying it. I got out to my truck in the parking lot and started playing around with it and fell in love with it, hahah. It's buttery smooth... The smoothest knife I own, although the higher end knives I own were all purchased recently and are still being broken in. I love the stonewash blade finish and the hollow grind. The titanium is nice as well. It's also my first and only flipper (for the time being). Quick deployment with a good detent. I haven't used it much aside from playing around with it... It fit the bill for what I was looking for, a slimmer profile flipper with a hollow ground blade.

It'll balance on my finger with the blade open at about 60% down the handle (50% being the middle of the handle), and it does have some overall weight to it to begin with. I haven't personally found the weight or balance to be an issue, but I also have not used it for a prolonged period of time to get a really good feel for the knife.

EDIT: If you're worried about the weight of the knife while carrying it, all I can say is I carry so many knives I don't feel the weight of the Kwaiken at all (using the pocket clip).

Last edited:
Back