[B]So I'm back from Korea, knife observations (pics and a SAK one too)[/B]

moving-van.jpg

STEVENKIM said:
Snake wine. What you do is catch a few poisonous snakes from the mountain and stick them alive in the alcohol, then they die. You allow it to age and you drink it. Believed to help in hip problems. You drink it in shots. I took a shot of it, and I swear I thought I saw a bit of scale in it, I threw up.
CIMG0178.jpg

You think thats gross? Go to Canada, They try to make you eat french fries with GRAVY on them!

The photo in front of the wall of telescopes, Is that looking over the dmz into N.Korea?

Where are you from in america? if thats not to personal of a question.

Are there rules against carrying knives in korea?

Wow that snake wine... I'll have to pass on that :D

Pretty girl though !! Good for you :)

Awesome pics , pretty ladies.... hmmmm maybe join military. NOT
I'm in Canada will take years to rebuild armed forces.. Poutine= french fries,gravy and cheese , don't go for a chlorestorel test after one of those messes.

Steven,

I started eating Kimchi about a month ago (noticed the book of Kimchi recipies you posted). Never felt better in my life, and I no longer "crash" with fatigue spells.

It was voted one of the 5 healthiest foods on the planet.

Mark

nice pictures, but where are the knives? I couldn't find any even in the picture of 16 mens eating at the table:confused:

Ilovetoolsteel said:
You think thats gross? Go to Canada, They try to make you eat french fries with GRAVY on them!

Hey, don'T talk against the Poutine, it is delicious!:mad:

Don't eat it in Toronto, eat it in Quebec! That is why yours was disgusting.

Try Ashton in Quebec city.

I'm an American of Korean descent, too. Thanks for posting pics! I was last in South Korea many many years ago, when I was about 10. I'm re-learning the language and hope to take my wife and little girl there sometime soon. Any rules against carrying a knife or restrictions in SK? Did you happen to see a lot of knock-offs or blantant copies of knives? Just curious. Again, thanks for posting.

Steven Kim, Glad! I'm korean. I hope you have a good remembrance about the time in korea.
The snake wine is very expensive and only very few in number people enjoy it. Even it's considered as a medicine in korea. Of course I dislike it. I just drink Soju korean rice wine.
I guess that you've visited 'The knifegallery'(www.knifegallery.co.kr) in Insa-dong. It's the biggest cutlery gallery in Asia, so you paid the entrance fee because there is gallery even if they sell knives also I think.
By the way you've visited a good places more than I live here in korea! The travel is a good method to get a nice experience and the peace of mind men's own. (The English language is so difficult!! We call English spoken in korea 'Konglish' ! That means the English language is suffering at a strange land! I want your tolerance to my poor English...)
The korea has very interesting place for trip more. If any men in bladeforum want to visit korea I can offer many useful information.
And the law for knives in korea is very strict. Don't expose and never use it to anyone. Maybe in America the carry knife is usual but in korea they(?) regard it as only weapon for the purpose to do evildoing. The law has also the same concept. So the knifemaker like me feel difficulty. But we do our best to change recognition to knives. I think the best supreme hard worker is the owner of knifegallery. The existence of it proves some change of korean for cutlery. Anyway the future will be better I hope!!

THis Yank has to stick up for poutine as well. The farther into the Maritimes you go, the better it gets, IMO. That's why I keep a cardiologist on retainer.

Thanks raidops for the link. Don't know if I would pay the dollar (even though a buck could be spent towards something worse, I guess), but the shop looks interesting. Took the 'virtual' tour, though :D Also noticed on the website some of the 'Magforce' gear - which looks exactly (down to the logo) like Maxpedition stuff. I know a lot of things are manufactured overseas for US companies, so I'm wondering if this is a case of the manufacturer putting their own name on the stuff and selling it. Thanks for the info on the knife laws, too. Informative.

Your english is VERY good. Didn't know that there would be a Korean knife maker on this board. Very interesting!

Back