[B]So I'm back from Korea, knife observations (pics and a SAK one too)[/B]

Mr. darklight943 Thanks for your interesting. The knifegallery is the knife culture in korea itself. And as for 'Magforce' gear. It's the same stuffs as 'Maxpedition'. But only the 'Magforce' is for Asian market, and Maxpedition is American market as I know. The company of them is only one just have different two bland. The good quality!
And Mr. STEVENKIM. I also wonder the fact there is knifemaker in korea!!! In fact there are some knifemakers maybe 4~5men making knives but not the same kinds as I'm making. I prefer the tactical knives and gear and stuffs to hunter or art knives but the others are not what I am perhaps. I also don't know exactly who they are!! Funny. The knife culture is still informal in korea. If anyone here in this forum want any information please send e-mail to me. Anyone anything ok. What I can do I'll offer as a member of this bladeforum. And please direct and make correct my English errors at all hours by 'Post Reply'. It's the only way to rescue English from tough RAIDOPS' grasp!!! Thanks.

cybrok said:
Hey, don'T talk against the Poutine, it is delicious!:mad:

Don't eat it in Toronto, eat it in Quebec! That is why yours was disgusting.

Try Ashton in Quebec city.

I second that...the only way to go is Ashton!!! and don't talk trash about poutine in Québec, you would'nt like to see an angry:mad: poutine eater puke on you!!!:barf:

Korea, is good to go. I will be going back and maybe vist knife gallery.

Okinawa has a snake drink to that uses the Habu snake in it.

S/F,
CEYA!

Hey Steve,
Thanks for posting the pics.
I was stationed in Korea 74-75.
First with the 2nd ID at Camp Stanley at Uijongbu and then at Yongsan in Seoul with Hq's Co. EUSA.
Loved the country and people. So much so I married one there. Still married after over 30 yrs.
Our first duty station after Korea was Fort Sill.
Guess you are going to be a cannon cocker?

Eyegor said:
THis Yank has to stick up for poutine as well. The farther into the Maritimes you go, the better it gets, IMO.

WRONG

The poutine in Nova Scotia is horrible, it's not even poutine.

The poutine was invented in Quebec and it's where you should get some.
Even un Montreal it's horrible.

The best is in Quebec or in Saguenay-Lac St-Jean

"And the law for knives in korea is very strict. Don't expose and never use it to anyone"

sometimes i think maybe they should have them laws here to :p. he he,
is there any factory producing knives in korea?
ive seen some cheap laminated kitchen knives, but is there anything making some traditional form of pocket knife..?

is there a national knife?? or national agricultural tool or such that is unique to the area?

2Blades said:
Hey Steve,
Thanks for posting the pics.
I was stationed in Korea 74-75.
First with the 2nd ID at Camp Stanley at Uijongbu and then at Yongsan in Seoul with Hq's Co. EUSA.
Loved the country and people. So much so I married one there. Still married after over 30 yrs.
Our first duty station after Korea was Fort Sill.
Guess you are going to be a cannon cocker?

No, my branch is infantry, although Arty' is an awesome branch, truly the KING OF BATTLE.

My duty station is with 3RD ID at Ft Stewart.

Yongsan, would be a great place to be if you had to be in Korea. Right in the city, you cant beat that!

I've lived near Uijongbu. and lived when I was student at Yongsan. Very familiar names... The US Military's blood and swead make and keep the Peace of korean peninsula. One of my uncles was also in Younsan as US Army a colonel for 3 years, he've graduated The west point. Now he is a doctor at city Richmond I heard.

STEVENKIM said:

Girl I met at a bar and saw for the month I was there.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k60/stevenkim/steve026.jpg

steve062.jpg

;) :thumbup:

Back