Here is the all new B&T / Paring Knife

Specs:
6 1/4" overall
2 3/4" blade
1/16" thick 440C steel
Full flat gring
Black canvas micarta handle
1/8" aluminum pins
These will go for $133 shipped in black micarta, other handles available at extra cost.

DSCN3464.JPG

A great looking knife! I’m assuming you can choose a different handle material than black micarta? Can you give me an idea of the price point?

A great looking knife! I’m assuming you can choose a different handle material than black micarta? Can you give me an idea of the price point?
Black is standard, anything else would be available as an option. I’m thinking around $125 plus shipping for the base model. Steel is not cheap, and it’s very difficult to grind.

Possible future plans are to add one of these scaled up with a 5” blade and longer handle.

I think that's the size where you would really start to peak my interest. I'm pretty happy with hurley creek for a short knife, even though it's a little thicker. Maybe split the difference at 3.5" to 4". There's a lot of potential there if the 1/16" full height grind is achievable and manageable. I'm certainly interested to see where you take this.

Possible future plans are to add one of these scaled up with a 5” blade and longer handle.

Would it be about the same size as the Ultra light Bushcrafter? I guess the parry idea would not have a clip point, more of the straight back and not scandi.

Last edited:
Is there any interest in something like this?

I think anyone would be interested in cutting up a good boneless pork chop!! :rolleyes:
Sorry, couldn't help myself. I like the longer blade and handle idea. Maybe a 4.5 to 5 inch blade if it keeps the same blade shape. Would the main job be breaking meat down or kitchen jobs?

I think anyone would be interested in cutting up a good boneless pork chop!! :rolleyes:
Sorry, couldn't help myself. I like the longer blade and handle idea. Maybe a 4.5 to 5 inch blade if it keeps the same blade shape. Would the main job be breaking meat down or kitchen jobs?

This is where I'm at as well.

I'll have to talk with the wife about the smaller size as she does like using our smaller paring knives for cutting fruit and such for the toddler, so that size might be great for her. The potential problem there is we use cheap paring knives because we know we're going to be cutting on ceramic plates and such often which is really rough on edges. We did buy 1/2 a dozen mini cutting boards to alleviate that dilemma of using nicer knives a lot in the kitchen since we probably dirty up 2-4 knives and cutting surfaces a day. That little boy is an eating machine.

Back