Baby Fox Folly review

I picked up a BFF on the DD about a week ago, it just begged to come home with me. My preference is a small fixed blade for EDC, as a firefighter by trade access to a strong, sharp tool can be important.
According to my ruler, the blade is a bit over 5" and the handle is 4" with a spine 1/6th" thick. Fit and finish are flawless, beautiful dark wood and brightly polished metal. I really like the two fullers along the sides of the blade and the curve is just right for slicing things in the kitchen.
The grip fits my hand perfectly, not bulky but with a nice secure swell at the butt, no fear of losing it. The edge grind might be a tad steep for me but it's hard to tell Just yet, I do know that it gets very sharp and holds that edge. So far it has sliced up dinner in the kitchen, carved a piece of Hawthorne into a cane and cut the stingray leather to make a front pocket sheath for EDC.
This blade is so handy, the design Just "works" for lack of a better term, anyway here are some pics.
89f175fc0361adc1ed016fdf65629dd0.jpg

c677a210c49ac37a723275fdd3175ed1.jpg

b45a6728eec8337eb1880db64061f78b.jpg

f1071d59bd97315d0076d8184d94e328.jpg

5c07d620c98e9acca37beadf49c06e3c.jpg

I have 18 months left as a firefighter, with any luck this blade will be with me well into the next adventure!

One more thing, two days after Auntie sent this blade I could not find it on my USPS app. I asked for the tracking #, instead she went out and immediately mailed me a second BFF! Asking only that I return it if the first one showed up. Her commitment to HI customers is unparalleled and so very appreciated! The first blade did show up and my Wife has claimed the second 😀. I sent the PayPal for it this morning.
I have never seen this level of customer service anywhere, thank you Yangdu so very much!!!
Jim Lane

Thanks Jim for your write up. It is a fun little khuk and certainly EDC worthy.

I like that sheath setup!

Well that does it! Now I gotta get me a BFF. I wear them same pants nearly everyday. Mine are Cabela's trailhikers.

I like the sheath setup too, although I've never seen that clip set up before. Looks like a bottle opener.

Being a full time sitter I don't know if the pocket carry would work for me or not but I'll find a way, always do.

Good write up, and your spot on about Auntie, nobody runs a company and takes care of customers/friends better than Auntie.

Thanks guys, the clip is a money clip from Springfield leather, in the town I work in. It grabs the pocket like a bulldog and holds the sheath still so I can use it one handed. The sheath is a stiff veg tan covered in stingray, that stuff wears forever!

Excellent write up and thanks for the pics:) Love the sheath design.

Nice write up, I love the sheath too! Good Job.

As for auntie, there is no one else I've ever ran into that does business like she does. My grandfather was close, but even he falls a little behind auntie in the customer service department.

My family has had the honor of meeting her and her sister personally, and they are very special people, and hostesses indeed.

Thanks guys, the clip is a money clip from Springfield leather, in the town I work in. It grabs the pocket like a bulldog and holds the sheath still so I can use it one handed. The sheath is a stiff veg tan covered in stingray, that stuff wears forever!

I've been pondering a sheath setup like this one, but for a karambit. I may have to buy one of those money clips.

Love the bottle opener pocket clip! I just got my bff, and we are fast becoming bff's. I have mine luxurating in a warm mineral bath, ill post some pics when its done

Nice setup! Love the ray sheath! did you brain tan it? Did ya eat the liver:D Lots of good stuff on a sting ray. I speared this one using a rebar rod holder in the night. Coyotes stole the balance of it from me before sunrise but it did make some good eatin that night.

c38412af0d7aae34fe2cb524dc8c44e3

That's very cool! I really like using ray skin the stuff wears like iron 😀

Back