Baby Suga Knife for 6/21

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
7.5 inch 5 ounce villager fit and finish Baby Suga Knife by Ram Kumar and his brother-in-law. Chiruwa style bone handle. Natural leather sheath. Awesome team work! One more new addition to your collection at $125. *SOLD*

VIoZzmx.jpg

0WFOqez.jpg

WlaOIAG.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to order
First come first served

Last edited:
That handle, that sheath. My kryptonite indeed. I gots a Suga and I'm trying to be frugal but this one's mighty tough.

I need to do some deep breathing here and ponder some.

This is probably about rare as chicken lips. Somebody should probably jump all over this.
Doubt we'll see another one for a long spell. A My OH MY for sure.

Man! That is sweet! Great belt knife! Id like to have one of those sometime. Im tapped for now tho.

Last edited:
I'll go for it

EMS 7.5 inch 5 ounce villager fit and finish Baby Suga Knife by Ram Kumar and his brother-in-law. Chiruwa style bone handle. Natural leather sheath. Awesome team work! One more new addition to your collection at $125.

I was literally just scrolling through and couldn’t believe there were so many posts without a purchase! Great get!

Congrats on the buy. This is a sweet, sweet knife. (hope it's two of them that are for sell. i see two posts on a baby suga.)

I would have been all over this if it was larger. I’ve got a Suga Knife and it is awesome!

I have had an opportunity to browse thru the history of the forum while searching for "Suga", and I can clearly see that the design has grown over time (and from Kami to Kami).

This new version, to me, seems re-invigorating, blending the classic khukuri lines with Western world nuances. It's like a late 1800's early 1900's bayonet meets Nepal/Himalayas. Full tang, solid guard. This later version of the guard (compared to Padam's) in particular is...sublime. And the blade has moved away from a flare (up) at the point, and back to the traditional lines of the khukuri (more lightly curved downwards).

If I were to see a full size version of THIS Baby Suga, my oh my.... I'm thinking 15-17 inches, and no more than 18-20 ounces.... oh my.

Not taking credit away from Kami Padam (I noticed his knives lacked a guard, generally)... but Ram Kumar and his brother-in-law have a grand vision here.

One of Padam's old pieces here comes really close to what I have in mind, except for the guard (scroll down):
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...nd-beautiful-offerings.1187821/#post-13606525

"13 3/4 inch 20 ounce Suga Knife by Padam. Satisal wood handle. Leather scabbard. Add to your ongoing collection at $95. *SOLD*"

Anyway, pardon the blabbering verbosity.

XX

Now that’s what I’m waiting for XX!! I emailed auntie and asked if she had the larger ones and she said no! I would have been all over it if they were larger!!

The Suga (with the metal guard) on that post from 2015 resembles some of the designs out there on the market, which is not bad. But this old timey guard on the Baby Suga would set HI apart, I think.

Indeed, one can dream, and wait :)

XelaXela

Thought mine was like that but it doesn't have the guard and it's quite comfy and handy without it.
I do like the looks of the guard and of course would probably add another since it would be different.
Any reason to buy another HI knife.

My friend who hunts a lot, loves a Padam Suga that I gifted him. He keeps it pretty sharp, including the top swedge, and says, it's the best field dressing blade he's got.

Back