Back again

I graduated bootcamp on Sept. 17, had ten days leave, then went to Geiger for School of Infantry. I was put on Camp Guard and got hit by a damn car! Sprained ankle, cracked skull, and a blood clot behind my right eardrum got me 19 days convelescent leave. The crutches are gone and I can walk almost normally, the right ear has gone from deaf to 100%. I go back on Monday, hopefully my ankle will finish healing and I can start training. P.S. Drill Instructors make "corrections", which is anything short of a gut shot! :eek: That little conspiracy was a source of constant amusement. Anyway, just thought I'd stop in and say hi.

Cars are big, people are little. Welcome back, and I'm glad you're OK.

munk

got hit by a damn car!

Don't do that again.

Glad you are ok. Stay that way.

Kis

One of my teachers once told the class about a soldier who had been in Vietnam for 2 months befor getting hit by a truck in Saigon. He was sent home. I don't think the guy ever directly said that it was on purpose, but my teacher was pretty sure it was.

BTW he was sent home with two broken legs.

Skeletor said:
I graduated bootcamp on Sept. 17, had ten days leave, then went to Geiger for School of Infantry. I was put on Camp Guard and got hit by a damn car! Sprained ankle, cracked skull, and a blood clot behind my right eardrum got me 19 days convelescent leave. The crutches are gone and I can walk almost normally, the right ear has gone from deaf to 100%. I go back on Monday, hopefully my ankle will finish healing and I can start training. P.S. Drill Instructors make "corrections", which is anything short of a gut shot! :eek: That little conspiracy was a source of constant amusement. Anyway, just thought I'd stop in and say hi.

Ouch! 11B or a different MOS? Thanks for your service!

ALLONS!

Good too see you Skeletor!:D And doubly glad that you're alright!:D How you liking the service so far, besides the accident that is? They treatin you good, gettin enough to eat? How about sleep?
They said we were guaranteed 3 squares and 8 in the rack everyday. We got the 3 squares but not always the 8 in the rack, lowest it ever got was 6 in the rack.:rolleyes: ;)

Glad you are healing up! Hope the rest of your time is better. Nice to see you again. Take care and thanks for serving. :)

Steve

Oorah! Skeletor!

Sorry for the bad luck. I remember Camp Geiger. When I was there, the "rumor" was that the Force Recon guys would steal your dog tags in the middle of the night. And then you were in a world of shiit.

Ah, the good 'ol days....

Semp

sweet said:
Ouch! 11B or a different MOS? Thanks for your service!

ALLONS!

I'm guessing 11B is Army infantry? I'm a Marine 0311, which is basic rifleman. I also have another 2 month school to go to for what I'm doing, we get CQB training and we learn to use the M9 and M1014. Yvsa - I'm enjoying myself, the Corps is what I'd hoped it would be. We don't get 8 in the rack though, we get 7. Doesn't make sense for a group in recovery. I leave tomorrow and need to get ready, so I'll check back in 2 months from now!

Back