Back from Road and Cutting Table

Glad it went well munk. If you'd taken my advice and taken a weapon that goes "BOOM" you could have had an extra blanket, chop, chop!!!! One loud report from the .41 and I imagine you would have had all the blankets you wanted, and probably a little white coat with funny sleeves.

BBQ, meat's meat no matter what form it comes in.:thumbup: Some of the old time full time cannibals called butchered and cooked men, "Long Pig" and it didn't matter whether the pig had four legs or two. I'd imagine that human liver would make just as good a catfish bait as any other kind of liver with maybe the exeception of chicken, chicken livers are really soft and fragile unlike the larger and heavier livers from larger animals and it's hard to get it to stay on the dayumed hook, even if it's a treble hook.:rolleyes: :( ;) :D

Welcome back. If this was for apnea, let us know if breathing improves.

Didn't want to tell you before, but my wife being a nurse, has told me "surgery should be a very last option."

I've put off a stretched knee ligament reattchment surg. for that reason. With a lot of exercise, it's gotten (somewhat) better on it's own.

And munk?

.22 mag is loud. Loud enough to make a raccoon cover it's eyes when it goes off.

:D

Ad Astra

You know, when I had surgery I remember that the pre-op was cold. And those gowns sure don't insulate worth a darn!

You know, I'm probably going to work in a hospital this summer. I'm thinking of going to med school someday, and it seems like good, rewarding experience. Maybe help some people and learn a little (probably about a lot more than medicine). I've always been interested in med, so this seems like a good place to start.

Oh, and Munk, I'm glad to see they didn't take away your writing abilities. I went out to dinner tonight and had a big steak, myself. Sure beats dorm food! Good luck with those raccoons.

Chris

Good for you, Nam.

I know the 22 mag is loud. I wear hearing protection anyway, and in a long gun, hopefully not as loud as say a Ruger single action. Ouch. People who shoot 41's know what loud is, as do 32 mag shooters and anyone who has ever been unfortunate enough to discharge a 357 indoors.

Yvsa, I thought your comment about Haiti absolutely hillarious and had not a single comeback I could think of. In a world gone mad, I occasionaly do crazy things, and the thought of actually saying that.....very funny.

Today I'm sore and tired. Not unexpected. The non fun time. I couldn't sleep last night, which makes three in a row. They wanted me propped up as in a recliner so I wouldn't swallow all the blood. I think I did anyway. When you clear your throat after this kind of thing I don't think it's just mucus rolling downtown.

There's a gauze rag under my nose, and one on top. I change the bottom one when it fills but the top hatch is to be left alone for at least five days. I don't want to accidentally pull the lid off my nose ...

One side of my face is pretty swollen. There's a cotton ball soaked with blood hanging out my ear where they found the cartilidge. It's sore enough I haven't even been curious enough to look.

As for last resorts; this was. The Cepac, the nasoplasty, etc etc. The injury I got a few years ago left too much scar tissue and ruined one side of the airway in my nose. The tissue lost 'structural integrity'.

I asked for a aquarium tube but apparently they haven't found a way to make one last.

I only do surgeries when I have to. I have some disks I'll wait on- maybe forever. I don't envy Yvsa one bit and have reserved some prayer for the time he will need it.
But anytime you go under, there's always the risk. Even for a silly nose.

munk

munk said:
...They wanted me propped up as in a recliner so I wouldn't swallow all the blood. I think I did anyway...

Um...munk? Got any pictures of *scars*?

Sorry...but this oh-so-casual remark about swallowing blood...well...I'm sure you understand.

Could give a whole new meaning the new kitchen kleaver to be named "The munk Chunk"...

I think when it is healed, you should tell your kids that you can now hear with your nose as well as your ears.

Kismet said:
I think when it is healed, you should tell your kids that you can now hear with your nose as well as your ears.

Maybe he'll have to blow his ear?

Makes one aware that if you had time, money, and were insane, you could screw around a lot with your various bodily systems. Reorganizing them to taste, I guess.

We're probably not far from the days when a young person has an extra ear sewn onto his forehead.

My face is swollen today and I'm a little out of it, I think. Everything- getting older, pain meds, trials upon the body; these all take more of one's energy as one ages.

I used to think, no, I knew I could land on top of anything. Both humility and age teach me that at least as much lands squarely on munk, if not more.

munk

munk said:
Makes one aware that if you had time, money, and were insane, you could screw around a lot with your various bodily systems. Reorganizing them to taste, I guess.

munk

Yup, it's already been done by someone who's famous/infamous if you'll just stop to think about it for a moment.:rolleyes: :barf:
The, in my opinion, less than subhuman example that has changed his appearance so drastically sure enough meets all the examples set forth by munk.:thumbdn: :rolleyes: :grumpy: :barf:

Mr. Jackson....I wasn't even thinking about him....

How about the Mensa Babe who paid all the money for plastic surgeries to make her look like Barbie Doll?

I mean, she has a lot of brains, right?

munk

That little Savage should be perfect in .22 Mag. :)

Glad you're okay.

Try shooting a 3" barrel .41 without protection! Ouch...

John

My first hunting around age five was with a 22LR Stevens Favorite for backyard pidgeons that would fly down of an evening to fill up on water from the pond. I would lay in the zinnas and rest the little rifle over a log. The coaching and the ammo came from my grandfather, who apparently thought he should start me out young, REAL young. This was a source of several arguements between him and my mother. He taught me to shoot the last one in line so the others wouldn't spook; this often gave me two shots before the others flew. Somehow my brother, who is not a hunter, wound up with Bert's rifle. I still like single shots today, and have several Ruger #1's in 223, 270, 45/70 and 375 H&H. That little 22 Mag will grow on you :D

munk said:
I could blame it on the Doctor. She told us about a good place to eat; Texas Roadhouse. But it turns out she doesn't eat red meat. Why? She said after working on bodies all day, and seeing the flesh, which looks pretty much the same as steak, she loses her appetite. And you know the lazer they use? She said people smell just like Barbecue sometimes as it cuts and burns.

At least she didn't tell you how it looks and smells, and then say "I love red meat." You would still be wondering if she put all the parts back.

munk said:
I showed up a couple hours early at the hospital . I had no where else to go, and my wife wanted to eat lunch. I politely thought it would be best for her to do this alone. They ushered me in early and hooked the IV and took my clothes away and left me with an institutional foo foo gown. It was cold in the room. I took out the clothes one by one from the white plastic hospital bag and laid them on top of me for warmth. The pre-opt nurse never came back...

They may be understaffed. It seems that this might be getting to be a problem in a lot of places, to the detriment of the patients.

about being understaffed....I told the Doc I'd wait around Billings all day if I had to, even if the Janitor ended up holding the IV at Midnight.

I like rollings blocks, not break actions. I've a BF falling block single action 32/20. If I had the bread for all those Ruger's I'd have had them too. I want a Favorite in 22 lr; the breakdown model.

munk

about being understaffed....I told the Doc I'd wait around Billings all day if I had to, even if the Janitor ended up holding the IV at Midnight.

I like rolling blocks, not break actions. I've a BF falling block single action 32/20. If I had the bread for all those Ruger's I'd have had them too. I want a Favorite in 22 lr; the breakdown model.

I'm so proud; my very first double post.

munk

Back