Back in the woods: Wild edibles and bushcraft tea

I took a drive up north to go back in the woods. It was a cold day (-2oC in May!) and I was surprised to see patches of snow left in the forest. I gathered some srpingtime wild edibles (Trout Lilly and Labrador Tea) and went back to the old beaver lake. I have to say it's a nice time of the year to be out without the bugs !

I like that cooking set up you've got. If it's that cold, great to have some hot tea for sure.

How do you find your knife chops? It looked like it worked pretty well :)

Nice video, thank you for posting it. Now I'll know which tea leaves to look for the next time I go up to Canada.

I too noticed your cooking set and am curious as to why it is so tall. Does it come in 3 parts so that the bottom part can remain empty, keeping the burning tinder in the middle part off the ground to avoid causing a grass fire?

Nice video, thank you for posting it. Now I'll know which tea leaves to look for the next time I go up to Canada.

I too noticed your cooking set and am curious as to why it is so tall. Does it come in 3 parts so that the bottom part can remain empty, keeping the burning tinder in the middle part off the ground to avoid causing a grass fire?

The 3 parts creates a chamber for wood gasification to occur. I think I’ll make a specific video about this stove because it works quite well

I like that cooking set up you've got. If it's that cold, great to have some hot tea for sure.

How do you find your knife chops? It looked like it worked pretty well :)

it chops excellent. I really enjoy it alot.
If you are interested I still have a few for sale
Cheers

Back