Back to the Cabin...

The Warrior

๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ธโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฆโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ชโ€Œ ๐Ÿ‡ปโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฐโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ณโ€Œ๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€Œ
Returned to the cabin this weekend, to get a little work done before we go there in a few weeks, for a weeks vacation.

Got there Friday evening around 9:15. I was unloading the truck, and placing some items on a table we keep on the front porch. Felt something odd, as I placed my hand on the edge of the table, fingers wrapping around to the bottom. Took a little look see, and it was the strange walking stick looking sorta thing:

My Anker Bolder flashlight, and a small cigar to relax a bit outside, before bed:

Saturday morning, as usual, I make the wife coffee, and get a fire going:

Niner:

A usual start to my morning at the cabin. Pepsi, and a cigar:

Beautiful morning:

I cut down a small tree that was leaning toward the cabin awhile back, and chopped off a piece of firewood with the BK9. Oak is some hard stuff, so I decided to use the saw:

Took an early morning stroll to the river before the work started, and do a little rock hounding. River was calm, and low:

Very low. Like standing in the middle of the river:

BK9:

Liked the way the sun was coming through the trees:

Some geode type rocks we found. The rock in the middle, was broken into the shape of an arrow:

Close up:

to be cont...

Looks to have a quartz inclusion:

Meanwhile, back at the fire:

Some of my flint strikers:

My Red Yeti fire snake, a recent purchase. He makes them out of small files, and it leaves a nice scale pattern:

I used it to get the fire going, but the wife wasn't there to get photos of the process:

New fire piston. Works, but not as well as my others. But hey, it was like $8:

Yet another flask I have:

Coin is a replica. Still kinda cool though:

I bought an old school Western made knife a week ago or so. Made in 1981, a W36. Just something I like about these older knives. Hard to pass up for $30:

Actually fits my hand. I was shocked:

Old school:

Made up a quick feather stick:

Full tang, and batonned through oak with no problem:

My new Tony Mont Hunter:

to be cont...

The usual cabin breakfast:

Potatoes cut, courtesy of the BK15:

Painted my woodstove. I have a leaky stove pipe, and water has been creating a little rust, so I wire brushed it off, and repainted it:

BK62, BK16, and Western W36. All fairly the same size:

BK62:

BK2, with the Azwelke sheath I won:

Was going through my duffel bag O knives, and forgot all about my T.M.Hunt Hornet, I had stashed in a pocket. Cool little blade:

And I do mean little:

KA-BAR 1152:

to be cont...

Wife wrapped a squash in foil, and threw it in the coals:

Whiskey and cigar:30:

Sun was setting, and thought it looked nice:

Time to cook some steak:

The wife cot up the squash, and fried it with some apples, in butter, and added a littie sugar. Damn good. Steak was killer too:

BK62 doing the honors:

Whiskey:30 again, with a Cuban:

So relaxing:

Sunday morning. Weather was beautiful again. Woke up to a lovely 55ยฐ. Yup, more fire:

I'm addicted to these things. Very tasty:

Burned in the woodstove for about 4 or 5 hours, to cure the paint:

BK6:

Some batonning. Note my old baton:

Old baton was getting dangerous, time for a new one:

Stress much? That oak was some brutal stuff, and I didn't want to take a chance of breaking such an awesome, and gifted to me blade:

to be cont...

So I finished it up with me niner:

The old girl served me well, but it was time to say goodbye:

Success:

Gonna miss my well loved baton. I couldn't be sure, but if you listened close enough, you could hear Taps playing in the background:

Some parting shots, showing a little color:

My final view, before installing the woodstove, and heading out:

Woodstove in:

Had a great weekend, and the weather couldn't have been better. Looking forward to heading back in a few weeks, for a much needed vacation.

Thanks or looking.

As usual you have knocked it out of the park....I love the old pre Camillus Western blades.... The.y were mostly 1095, I think. I loved the handles and the ergs....Great Knives....

I am always happy to see a Warrior cabin post.... I can almost smell the fire and taste the whiskey. thankyou for letting me come along and enjoy! E

Warrior, you got me good and I don't even think ya meant it...! You posted a picture saying "Warning: Sasquatch Sightings in Area", then a few posts down you say that you and your wife "cut up the squash and prepared it with some apples".
I was like, "damn, they got one"! Then, I marveled at how nonchalantly you threw it on the grill!
In all seriousness, you have a special place there and obviously a special lady to share it with. Enjoy every minute you can of them both!

Looks like one heck of a nice way to spend the weekend ! ... Thanks for sharing the views ... makes my mind wander and my mouth water ... maybe it was the steak ... or the bourbon ... :rolleyes:

I've been so ready to get my chair by a nice fire since the weathers cooling off finally ... maybe soon life will give me time ... I can look at the posts here until then.

seems like a great spot to spend your time!

Great pics as usual Dubz. Never get tired of your cabin time. Those river shots look amazing with the leaves changing up. Super peaceful.

Nice selection of tools you brought out. That old Western looks pretty sweet. Good condition too. And that bend in your machete wouldโ€™ve given me a heart attack!

...that hornet looks like a finger-and-a-half knife in your mitts lol.

As usual you have knocked it out of the park....I love the old pre Camillus Western blades.... The.y were mostly 1095, I think. I loved the handles and the ergs....Great Knives....

I am always happy to see a Warrior cabin post.... I can almost smell the fire and taste the whiskey. thankyou for letting me come along and enjoy! E
Thanks Ethan. I was wondering what the steel is. I looked it up, but couldn't find anything on it. It's a hell a nice blade, especially for the money. I always feel like I'm cheating on my Becker's when I use another blade, haha. You know the deal though, a knife nut is a knife nut...

Someone had themselves a GREAT and Productive Weekend :thumbsup::thumbsup: Excellent Pics Warrior ;) thanks for sharing em :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks man, we had a blast. Plus, the weather was grand. Hoping for some goo weather in November when we go as well.

That is so amazing, beautiful nature, great knives and wonderful pics. Enjoy it to the max:)
Thanks man. If it weren't for my cabin, my blades wouldn't get used near as much. It's a great proving ground for them.

Warrior, you got me good and I don't even think ya meant it...! You posted a picture saying "Warning: Sasquatch Sightings in Area", then a few posts down you say that you and your wife "cut up the squash and prepared it with some apples".
I was like, "damn, they got one"! Then, I marveled at how nonchalantly you threw it on the grill!
In all seriousness, you have a special place there and obviously a special lady to share it with. Enjoy every minute you can of them both!
Haha, thanks man. It's kind of a long story about the sasquatch, but here goes. My cabin neighbor, swears up and down he saw a bigfoot there. I was telling my wife the story one night, on the way to the cabin, down the lane. Of course, at night, it's pitch black, except for the headlights. I was asking her if she remembered "Momo", the Missouri bigfoot sightings from the 70's. She did not. Anywhos, I was saying to her, wouldn't you sh*t if a bigfoot stepped out in front of us right now. After all that, a few weeks later, I did a weekender alone. Now, I'm a fairly good sized guy, that doesn't scare too easily, but you do hear some strange things at night there. The valley slopes towards the cabin, then it's flat where the bulldozer cleared it out years ago, where the cabin sits, slopes down towards the lane, then all the way down to the river. So, here I was, sitting around the fire at night, when I heard something come out of the brush onto the lane, then heard heavy foot steps running up the lane, for about 5 or 6 strides. I jumped up with my flashlight, but never saw, or heard anything after that. I shone it towards the drive, to the lane, but nothing ever showed up. Although it sounded bipedal, it was probably just a dear struggling to get it's footing. Anywhos, I told my son that story, who relayed it to his best friend. They would kid around and give me a hard time about it from time to time. They live in Colorado, and they went to a Bigfoot museum, where his friend bought me the sticker you see on my cigar box, haha. Sorry for the long story, but, there it is.

"This was my baton, there are many like it, but this one was mine."
:thumbsup:

Looks like one heck of a nice way to spend the weekend ! ... Thanks for sharing the views ... makes my mind wander and my mouth water ... maybe it was the steak ... or the bourbon ... :rolleyes:

I've been so ready to get my chair by a nice fire since the weathers cooling off finally ... maybe soon life will give me time ... I can look at the posts here until then.

seems like a great spot to spend your time!
Thanks man, we always enjoy it there. I feel very fortunate to have a place to go to.

Lots of great knife action. I like the new Tony Mont knife looks pretty sweet. That 9 is looking well seasoned and beat up.
Thanks man. The MONT knife feels great. Hope to use it the next time there. May do a review on it.

Great pics as usual Dubz. Never get tired of your cabin time. Those river shots look amazing with the leaves changing up. Super peaceful.

Nice selection of tools you brought out. That old Western looks pretty sweet. Good condition too. And that bend in your machete wouldโ€™ve given me a heart attack!

...that hornet looks like a finger-and-a-half knife in your mitts lol.
Thanks man. It is super peaceful there. I love that Western knife, and look forward to using it more. I was shocked it fit my hand. The BK6 bend did give me a scare, haha.

Very fun post. Thanks so much. Iโ€™m heading to the cabin in a few weeks also but for 2 whole weeks. Ant wait!!!
Thanks man, we love it there. Hope you have a great time. Use knives, and take lots of photos. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the inspiring content again!

I have fond memories growing up in the Midwest. I miss the area and seeing your pics helps spark up those great moments I remember.

And I agree that itโ€™s always a good time out in the boonies away from the concrete jungle enjoying a few sharp toys and playing with fire!

Thanks for the inspiring content again!

I have fond memories growing up in the Midwest. I miss the area and seeing your pics helps spark up those great moments I remember.

And I agree that itโ€™s always a good time out in the boonies away from the concrete jungle enjoying a few sharp toys and playing with fire!
Thanks man, love the get away. Blades, whiskey, great food, and fire, hard to beat that combo. :thumbsup:

Yeah I will have knives and many fires but will be in the woodstove. I just love wood stoves after hunting all day in the mountains chasing bears. The only down side to a woodstove is it makes me fall asleep fast!!! Lol.

Yeah I will have knives and many fires but will be in the woodstove. I just love wood stoves after hunting all day in the mountains chasing bears. The only down side to a woodstove is it makes me fall asleep fast!!! Lol.
Man, I hear that. My woodstove is right below the hole to the loft. All that heat goes straight up there, and it zonks me out, haha. Love it.

Back