Backpacker

Just received my backpacker last week and loving it for belt carry EDC!

4d9fcbbb864faae02793410b628fcc95.jpg

01e3410639f1b8743042a799e8d2cb58.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The backpacker is a sweet little knife. Fits nice in hand. Amazing finish work. The blade came bery sharp and holds and edge well. It’s S30v and on par with other companies that do it well.

Like the knife not the para wrap.. Has anyone put a real handle on one of these?? Pics if ya can.. Saw the kits but was wondering if any other aftermarket?? Thanks..
John

Like the knife not the para wrap.. Has anyone put a real handle on one of these?? Pics if ya can.. Saw the kits but was wondering if any other aftermarket?? Thanks..
John
The Backpacker Pro model has a G-10 handle (vs a wrap) and is a little more expensive. That's the one I got this year and the current steel is S35VN. Love this little knife and in fact I consider it THE knife acquisition of 2018 for me. It will be used for woods duty (hiking companion, possibly hunting, and woods walks) mostly when I don't want to carry a larger fixed blade. Basically all I need.

Thanks for that 22..:D I am seriously considering one of these to add to the pile.. Looks like they would fill the bill!!:thumbsup:
John

DSC03616ed.jpg
I have both the BK-14 and BK-24 and like it better overall. I like the ease of sharpening the BK-14. But the Backpacker Pro is stainless steel and a pretty good steel overall that is not hard to sharpen. The sheath is very functional too. The D-2 BK-24 is a pain in the butt to sharpen for me. At this point, I doubt I will consider replacing it for my needs and the BK's will pretty much sit.

I don't think you'll regret buying the Backpacker Pro. I have the orange handled one. The picture is of the two fixed blades I purchased this year; Bark River Wilderness Explorer and Backpacker Pro. Been leaning toward more colorful handles as they are easier to see in the woods if you sit them down.

Last edited:
Thank You for that info!!:thumbsup: As an avid rabbit hunter I do appreciate orange handled knives!!:D
John

Thank You for that info!!:thumbsup: As an avid rabbit hunter I do appreciate orange handled knives!!:D
John
Been there rabbit hunting and spent a fairly good amount of time looking for a slip joint or two I laid on the ground or a log when doing the field dressing chores. The Backpacker Pro would make a pretty good deer knife. I like a pointy blade for things along these lines. I'm just careful with where the point goes if you know what I mean.

Hey 22.. Put one of these on the short list this yr after your experiences..:thumbsup: Thanks!! :D
John

The backpacker G10 handles are available from White River in black and orange for 25 bucks.

I got the Backpacker paracord and bought the G10 handles in black about a week ago from DLT. The PRO in black was on back order everywhere so this was an inexpensive workaround.
The knife goes in my pocket with no clip, just the sheath and is thin enough that you don't really notice it there.
Love the knife, great fit, in my hand and DLT's service and price were great.

Back