Backyard SURVIVE!n'

What happened to the days of me being able to find an old thread on page 2? I had to dig for this beauty on PAGE 7, PEOPLE!

Anyways, a little fire in the backyard. Nothing astounding by any means, but the plan is that it's a start to a summer of much more fire making, knife use and skill practice!

4141BB02-3802-482E-8759-F23EFF1DDA9A.jpg

66BEDF4E-626D-4183-85D1-4091D06BCC0E.jpg

GSO 4.1 in action making a spoon.

What happened to the days of me being able to find an old thread on page 2? I had to dig for this beauty on PAGE 7, PEOPLE!

Anyways, a little fire in the backyard. Nothing astounding by any means, but the plan is that it's a start to a summer of much more fire making, knife use and skill practice!

That's a nice looking setup!

Nice. Wish we could catch a break from rain and winds long enough to fire my pit back up.
I hope you aren't getting flooded out down there.

Damn that's nice work!

Thanks, Standard!

Ruudr, that is some nice work! I really need to do a little more research on spoon making techniques and get into it!

What are your thoughts on the Swisstool Spirit? I've been wanting to get another Swisstool X since I gave mine away to my dad, but it was a bit bulky for pocket carry. I picked up a Leatherman Rebar and Wingman but they're just not doing it for me.

My parents had to cut down a red maple that had been growing in their front yard, so I got to upgrade my "backyard bushcraft survival stump" from this:

To this:

Who else has a favorite chopping block?

Thanks! I have 4 total, but I think I like this one the best. The others will be used as fire wood.

Even with my dad helping, I pretty much broke my back loading and unloading them!

Last edited:
That's a dandy SN. I've been using this one, but went out today and the wife's got a flower pot on it!!

Thanks! I have 4 total, but I think I like this one the best. The others will be used as fire wood.

Even with my dad helping, I pretty much broke my back loading and unloading them!

I don't doubt it! That thing looks like it's pretty green still!

I've got one but its about to go. Its at the point its starting to desicrate. But I have plenty of trees to get one out of.

Back