For bacon lovers, and cooking meat ideas

Favorite meat to do over flame

• Total voters
Well, the title DID say cooking, so . . . .

My number one go-to for guests is Prime Rib. This one turned out nice . . . pretty much uniform red end to end with very little gray . . .

View attachment 1444964

View attachment 1444965
Ya know, I’m in VA too, and I was thinking I could bring over some rare CPKs for you to fondle and help you get rid of summa dat rare prime rib...........

Anyone else like to spatchcock a chicken before grilling it low and slow . . . ?

View attachment 1445338

Add a little Alabama white sauce FTW.

View attachment 1445339

..........then you talked about doing something to a chicken that had a word I was very familiar with half of and finished with white sauce, now I am not so sure........

Ya know, I’m in VA too, and I was thinking I could bring over some rare CPKs for you to fondle and help you get rid of summa dat rare prime rib...........

..........then you talked about doing something to a chicken that had a word I was very familiar with half of and finished with white sauce, now I am not so sure........
LOL! Whatever you do, DO NOT look up the other half of that word in the Urban Dictionary. :eek:

It's been 2 years since we cured our own hog bellies into bacon. Sometimes we do our own butchering. Idaho Pasture hogs, or Mangalitsa breed. These were butchered by a friend of mine that has a local butcher shop. And he does not grind the jowls and bellies into his pork mix. So we get a great price on the bulk purchase. Usually 2 hogs or more at a time.

Notice the meat to fat ratio.
cMJPdw4l.jpg

That's a Dek3. Its a laser. And I Don Hansen saw mill blade butcher knife with steel from the 1800's. Love that thing.

Ncqd3Wol.jpg

2Wa3ubIl.jpg

jpoCkhSl.jpg

We hand slice it into 1lb bags. And leave a couple big slabs for hunting camp. Bacon "steak" is a hit on cold morning for hungry hunters, or children coming in from lambing when its below freezing OR zero like its been this winter.

Anyone else cure their own bacon?

Last edited:
Back