1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

BAD- Received Rocks vice Rockstead

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by EurAzn12, Jul 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odog27

Odog27 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Other than that one idiot saying it was the Colonel I haven’t seen much in the way of conspiracy theories here. Mostly just people stating the possibilities.

Although the seller/sender didn’t directly confirm this was a reused flat rate box I think we can surmise that it is.
    The indications being the “Lu Lu” on one end that is under the tape. This is the sender/sellers nickname or name and was put there by the person who originally used the box to send @luh1202 something. Also the white piece of paper with seller and buyers addresses which was put there to obscure the original addresses from the box’s first use. These things explain why the box has tears and cut tape under new tape making it more difficult to determine if the package was tampered with in transit or otherwise.
    The only thing that could shed some light on what happened would be to get the weight of the package “as received” and compare it to the “as shipped” weight. If somebody has the same knife with original box, a flat rate box and some packing paper and can get the weight of that, it might also be helpful.

I still think the Colonel did it!

2. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Wish him well and a fast recovery

mb> likes this.
  3. golden_dragon

golden_dragon Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 14, 2016
    wow!
    :eek:

4. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    ^^^ This. He's under the knife today, and we all wish for the best possible result.

KELAMA likes this.
  5. Gastonknife

Gastonknife Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2008
    This whole thing has hit a brick wall. Until the OP and/or seller have some details to add or answer some Q's. Otherwise it's just speculation from all of us based on no new facts or information.
    I do wish the OP well for whatever procedure is going on.

KELAMA likes this.
  6. luh1202

luh1202

Jun 25, 2017
    Yeah 25% on AZ is crazy, but they don't lie.

7. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Are you contending that the buyer is lying rather than it was switched in transit? He looks pretty solid from his history and those sticking up for him.

CataD, Sleeper80, bonky and 1 other person like this.
  8. KELAMA

KELAMA

Jun 28, 2013
    ^ First & foremost: I'm hoping/praying, that your surgery & impending recovery, proceed without any problems. Secondly, & as always: I thank you, for your service on behalf of our Country. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    As for this case/ thread: I honestly believe, that you are a victim here, & FWIW, I stand behind you 100%!

^^^ "disheartened" < +1

To see the OP; an otherwise trustworthy, reputable member here with a 100% solid reputation on every knife related forum he's participated in (active duty military- not that this is an excuse for bad behavior), be treated by fellow member's/so called "brother's, in this manner, is beyond pathetic!!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: All by people trying to CSI his video taping, analyzing his every action/narration, as he made this unboxing video literally a few feet from his Superior Officer, then concluding he's either guilty, or acting suspicious. :rolleyes:
    Some of the reckless, obscenely absurd, far reaching aspersions being posted here (directly or indirectly), were extremely disappointing to read.

My decision sometime back, to not to buy/sell on this forum anymore (quit while I'm ahead), was just validated as being a wise one, after reading some of the post's in this thread.
    All I can say, is "Thank God," I dodged a bullet & never had to face the wrath of this GBU court of pubic opinion, during my 500+ +++transactions here.
    Quite some "brotherhood" you guys got going on here, a word so many of you preach & carelessly throw around, but in reality, don't have a continental clue what this word truly means.

+1 :thumbsup::thumbsup:

^^ OP: I wouldn't waste another second of your valuable time, dignifying a response to some of these poster's, & their ridiculous, comments.

^ +1 I think the seller intends to keep it. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

^ Unfortunately, Sleeper80, many of the responder's here, aren't dealing, with "above average intelligence." :rolleyes:

^ This. The most thoughtful, sensible post in this 12 page derailment. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

^ Wishing the OP well. FWIW: I admire & respect, you, & many of the other's here, who've shown the ability, to be reasonable, & wait for more facts to come in. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

^ And your point is?

In conclusion, I'd like to also add:
    It's quite pathetic, seeing so many member's here having a grand old time hooting it up, posting several pages not at all related to this unfortunate unresolved situation the buyer/seller are presently facing. Some of the post whore, narcissists here, really should think about taking a good look in the mirror & get over yourselves...
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but BladeForums, will always be much bigger, than any you, & your massive ego's.....& will always take center stage.

I'll be holding out hope, that somehow, someway, there will be a positive resolution to this case.

9. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Aspersions??? Come on now, that's a bit much. You sound so sure of yourself, yet nobody knows for SURE what's really going on. Do you? Enlighten us...

hexenjager, Mecha, JJ_Colt45 and 8 others like this.
  10. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    @KELAMA ,
    You have, in one post, declared with certainty who is at fault in this situation, then stated that everyone should show restraint and wait until all the facts are in, and then generally insulted anyone who asked questions seeking to help clarify and determine the truth.

Let's calm down and wait for further information.

11. trevitrace

trevitrace Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2013
    You both dare question the wise and all-knowing Kelama?

CataD, Quiet, Blues Bender and 6 others like this.
  12. bonky

bonky Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Honest to goodness, that's good. Thank you for bringing some sense to this thread.

To anyone who happens to read this:

None of us spectators know anything about the situation beyond what has been presented by the buyer and seller, and there are many possible explanations.

Given what has been presented so far, I think that it's way too early to be accusing anyone until more information can be presented. Both parties involved are upstanding BF members, and I don't believe that speculation by uninvolved parties serves any good purpose.

The truth will out.

In the meantime, consider the possibility that neither party involved had anything to do with this, and how you would feel if you were in their position.

Thank you R8shell.

bhyde, gaj999, steelnut and 3 others like this.
  13. fonedork

fonedork Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jul 7, 2011
    No, reading and believing one post and refusing to be curious is not the only way

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    mmmotorcycle likes this.
  14. fishface5

fishface5

Feb 3, 2001
    I haven't read all the posts but if a postal worker sees a high value item and wants to steal it they would do the replacement of weight and re-taping to be avoid the damage being detected at the package's next stop in the delivery chain, because if it was that would potentially bring attention to them as the last handler of the package.

mb>, bonky and tyyreaun like this.
  15. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    How would someone know it's a valuable item other than the cost of the shipping that's stamped on the label ? I always black out the total cost before shipping.

16. OilMan

OilMan Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    Seems like re using boxes makes it easier to cause scam issues, how would anyone know which layer of tape was supposed to be the current one? And they are free boxes at the PO..

17. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Not only free boxes, but they will tape it up for free with their priority mail branded tape (making it even more tamper proof).

WValtakis and OilMan like this.
  18. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Seems that buyer and seller both have at least a few very reputable <to me, at least> members vouching for them :thumbsup:...

not a single member <unless I overlooked something in this tome> has had a bad experience with either :thumbsup:...

this is strong circumstantial evidence <to me> that both members are primarily honest :thumbsup: :) ...

The only fault I find is with the seller recycling boxes on high dollar transactions-- it's not criminal, nor should it adversely skew any "judgment" out of his favor-- but it is incredibly lazy and/or moronic to repurpose a box that was "free" to begin with and several billion more "free" MINTY NEW ones easily and readily at your disposal. :thumbsdown:

mb> likes this.
  19. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    I reuse boxes on occasion if they are in good shape. Laziness has nothing to do with reuse in my case and really, I'm sure I am not the only one that does it.
    The difference is, i'm not changing my packaging habits.. I still tape every edge like I would a new box. Most would be hard pressed to tell it had been reused.
    Mostly, the only thing I do is remove anything that might confuse the postman..like an old label or barcode. I also try to tape the goods inside the box to keep them from moving around and to kindof ensure that the box would probably have to be destroyed to get the knife out. If it's a problem in the mail system (USPS or otherwise) that package simply disappears..but at least you know where the fault is.

20. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    They can see that there is 800$ of insurance on the package. Something worth 800 in a box that size is a tempting target for a thief.

If it is a postal worker who has done this before they may not be the dumbass people suggest. I also agree that they may want to refill the package with something of equal weight so that way the package will move through multiple post stations without it being obvious where the item disappeared.

Particularly if this is something they do more than a one time crime of opportunity thing it doesn’t take much foresight to see that if valuable packages keep going missing they can track the location more easily. Combine that with the fact that they may be working out of different post offices and an investigator could have two clues based on location packages are going missing and who is working at those locations at the given time.

I think if it is a postal worker behind this they likely know the system and knows how to insulate themselves by making it not apparent where the theft took place. To assume criminals are all retarded or that this was a one time theft of opportunity isn’t correct either.

Again just speculation but it is in answer to why a postal worker would go to the trouble of refilling the box.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.