• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

BAD- Received Rocks vice Rockstead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, this is gonna be a saga. That is a depressing video.

It never occurred to me to video opening a package.

I suppose it is possible a third party took knife and replaced with rocks?

I am withholding final judgment, but Act 1 does not look good for seller.

The seller said he taped the box...if someone removed the tape, there would be damage to the box, no matter how careful they were. Nobody hijacked this package or replaced the contents. Seller is a thief. Lowest of the low.

I Really hope that luh1202 luh1202 is not responsible for this.

Imagine how terrible it would be for bladeforums if a user scammed another for over $800. Are rocksteads serialed?

The seller said he taped the box...if someone removed the tape, there would be damage to the box, no matter how careful they were. Nobody hijacked this package or replaced the contents. Seller is a thief. Lowest of the low.
I hate to agree with this, but I see no damage. The only other option is that EurAzn12 EurAzn12 is lying? I highly doubt that though as I see no cuts in the video.
This is looking real bad for luh1202...

the weird part is that they both have good records?

That's why I don't use just clear tape...someone could easily slit the tape, open and reseal with clear tape and it would be very difficult to tell. Even some blue masking tape under the clear provides some indication of tampering.

EurAzyn12 is a pretty well known trader. I’ve had dozens of deals with him, in addition to sending him tens of thousands dollars in knives for service. I hate to throw personal stuff in there, but I believe he’s a officer in the Marine Corp.

I may be a minority here ... but the video seems hokey ... it could be the seller is a grade A thief ... but something off about video taping unpacking it and already the buyer stating he had a pit in his stomach ...

And the reaction seemed off to me ... I'd be way more pissed ... but this is why if selling it buying from an unknown person I request signature confirmation ... and I MAKE MY MAILMAN WATCH ME OPEN THE PACKAGE ...

I can't call it or know for sure but somebody really crossed lines here.

Doesn't matter what tape you use if it is cut and opened you could tell ... no way to match if back up perfectly ...

A crappy situation all around ... I hate this ... everytime I start to list knives a thread like this pops up and it makes me just put the knives away and forget selling them.

You can just cut the tape open and reseal it. Nothing hard to do to open the box without damage it. I reuse the box myself.

Better still, can you post a pic or a video of the package?
Me? I can't, I didn't go pro myself all the way from packaging the knife to post office at one take. I guess this is what I have to do now if I ever ship a knife to someone else in the future.

You can just cut the tape open and reseal it. Nothing hard to do to open the box without damage it. I reuse the box myself.
Yup, and I swear it looks like there is already a slit in the tape when the knife is held vertically to slit the tape on the tab.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I know that the seller will lose the claim and that the buyer will be be compensated by PP. For someone to send a Rocksinstead as opposed to a Rockstead is an evil and insidious act as much as it is for someone to replace a Rockstead with Rocksinstead. No doubt that the seller will be in much more pain if at the end of this saga there's no knife, no money for the knife plus tattered reputation. The buyer will suffer some but undoubtedly less.

I have reviewed the buying and selling of both parties (the buyer's feedback are more as a buyer and the seller's kinda equal amounts) and from what I see, they have both dabbled in knives worth several hundred$ before (this is one instance where I really wish that BF.com ought to insist on selling prices to be left in the ads) therefore I see no immediately suspicious pattern of behavior in someone selling or buying in much lower pricing bracket.

This is one case for the USPS Postal Inspector because there's fraud and / or theft and the culprit will be in a world of hurt if they go to the trouble of obtaining finger prints and all those extra steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back