• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

BAD- Received Rocks vice Rockstead

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP, when you first pulled the brown packing paper out of the box, you were already cussing, before you even knew the contents of said brown packing paper.

Rocksteads come in a wooden box. If you saw or grabbed something that went crunch, and was pliable, basic logic would tell you something was not right. I don’t think it would take above average intelligence to figure that out immediately.

Kinda feel bad for the seller. This is a good way to get folks to stop selling high dollar knives here. I don't know what the right answer is, but seems like either way, someone's getting the shaft. Did someone scam someone, or was there a theft? Either way, the seller's the one who'll ultimately be out the poorer for this deal gone wrong, because I think the USPS is going to tell him to take a hike on his insurance claim. A shame.

Rocksteads come in a wooden box. If you saw or grabbed something that went crunch, and was pliable, basic logic would tell you something was not right. I don’t think it would take above average intelligence to figure that out immediately.

You sound so sure of him. Who knows who the liar is here? Do you? I don't see anyone from the PO taking something from that box and then taping it back up. Point is, it's either the seller or the buyer and both of their stories kinda hold water, so who knows?

Initially, this was my assessment. Maybe a social experiment.
After reading further, I feel confident in saying that clearly it was the Colonel.
Truly possible. The few Marines I know go to extreme lengths to fuck with their friends. If they know you are a knife nut and had this one coming, I wouldn't put it past them. I mean that in the best sense. Worth checking to be sure?

A bad deal all the way around ... and I can't or won't try to decide who is right or wrong or if it was something else entirely ...

But I posted after watching the video it seemed off ... and I have watched it several times and it still doesn't seem at all authentic ...

The things said as he picked up the box ... and saying he had a pit in his stomach ... if that were true wouldn't it have felt the same any of the times you picked it up before that last time???

And to start cussing as you opened it and the voice all seems put on to me ...

and the last thing I noticed after reading people's comments about it having been opened before ... well that may explain why the OP turned the box over and around like he was looking for the exact place to cut ... and then a knife guy to open the box the way he did so awkwardly ... I'm sorry I still think there is something off about it ...

And people keep wondering why I put off listing knives for sale ... hell stories like this it would actually save me money to not sell them ...

And not directed at Ethan buyer or sellers as I honestly don't know the truth ... BUT THIEVES SUCK ... not much lower than a thief IMHO !!!

I already let rockstead know that higo-x 976 should be put on blacklist. And shame on whoever is possessing it. I will not issue a refund privately, I will have to ask the buyer to open a case on PayPal so everything is through a middle man without favoring any side, there would be a procedure to follow and everything is recorded as evidence. I value my reputation on this forum and I throw in extras to sweeten the deal when I can, but at the same time, I don't want to be taken advantage of. I know what I shipped out that day and I stand by it.

I already let rockstead know that higo-x 976 should be put on blacklist. And shame on whoever is possessing it. I will not issue a refund privately, I will have to ask the seller to open a case on PayPal so everything is through a middle man without favoring any side, there would be a procedure to follow and everything is recorded as evidence. I value my reputation on this forum and I throw in extras to sweeten the deal when I can, but at the same time, I don't want to be taken advantage of. I know what I shipped out that day and I stand by it.

You mean the buyer?

I already let rockstead know that higo-x 976 should be put on blacklist. And shame on whoever is possessing it. I will not issue a refund privately, I will have to ask the seller to open a case on PayPal so everything is through a middle man without favoring any side, there would be a procedure to follow and everything is recorded as evidence. I value my reputation on this forum and I throw in extras to sweeten the deal when I can, but at the same time, I don't want to be taken advantage of. I know what I shipped out that day and I stand by it.
You mean the buyer?
Yeah, in an emotional rush right now, thanks for pointing out.

My money says, either the seller or the buyer is lying. I don't think any 3rd party took the knife at all. Package looks well taped. Who the hell videos themselves opening a knife they bought off BF? It just doesn't make sense. Fishy fishy..
giphy.gif

Oh man, this is gonna be a saga. That is a depressing video.

It never occurred to me to video opening a package.

I suppose it is possible a third party took knife and replaced with rocks?

I am withholding final judgment, but Act 1 does not look good for seller.

I have videoed more than a few of my package openings. My second to last knife received was only $100 and I videoed opening it. Package was all jacked up. No way did it feel heavy enough to have a huge Khukri in it. It was shipped uninsured. The hole in the package was more than large enough for the knife to have left the package.

Turned out ok. Knife was still inside, bubblewrapped, and the knife made it ok. Sheath was damaged, I think the beating the box took, the knife cut the sheath from the inside. But, I was pleased the knife made it, and can fix or remake the sheath.

I've bought and sold knives on here including about 13 Busse, and some customs, including a J. Oeser one off. So I've had some stresses.

But so far, no missing or lost knives. Only had a few issues, and one where the seller immediately offered a refund. I did not take the refund, his offer was enough to satisfy me).

In the OP's pix, It looks like the end is cut open under the tape, then tape added.

The goal of a thief in the postal system is to hide what facility the theft occurred at.
That is why they would go to the trouble to weigh the box down and slap a piece of tape on it,
Send it on to the next hub, Now the investigation will include all of the packages travels.

2 xmas ago a gift to my niece was pilfered in transit.
A book of movie tickets and a 1923 silver dollar missing, package resealed and delivered.

laEjr0e.jpg

In the OP's pix, It looks like the end is cut open under the tape, then tape added.

The goal of a thief in the postal system is to hide what facility the theft occurred at.
That is why they would go to the trouble to weigh the box down and slap a piece of tape on it,
Send it on to the next hub, Now the investigation will include all of the packages travels.

2 xmas ago a gift to my niece was pilfered in transit.
A book of movie tickets and a 1923 silver dollar missing, package resealed and delivered.

laEjr0e.jpg
I think they weigh it along the way and can detect that happening. As soon as the seller starts the claim process, I’m sure the inspector will be looking for that.

...the seller's the one who'll ultimately be out the poorer for this deal gone wrong, because I think the USPS is going to tell him to take a hike on his insurance claim. A shame.

On an insurance claim, I would hope the contents of the box are covered, not just the box being delivered. But they don't document or ask what the contents are either, so you could be right. That would make insurance a real crapshoot though.

The Seller already stated that Paypal has sided with him, but also suggested the Buyer file a dispute with Paypal. I'm confused by this. Wouldn't the Buyer be the one to open the dispute in the first place? He is the one not whole.

Here's hoping this turns out to be the Colonel and just a prank gone too far.

Problem with videos is no one knows what happened before or after, so they're almost useless. To really prove anything, the seller's video would need to include the packaging and delivery to the PO all in one, and the buyer's would need to include being handed the package by the mailman and opening all in one. Both are highly unlikely scenarios.

If the OP’s timeline is accurate then we need to cross examine the wife. Also there seems to be a big drug problem out by Camp Pendleton (check delivery address) coming up in recent news, looks like they arrested 19 guys so far in the past week. A bunch of high local junkies with access to mail/information about OP’s deliveries might have something to do with this.

https://www.military.com/daily-news...-formation-drug-people-smuggling-charges.html

https://www.military.com/daily-news...oops-arrested-human-smuggling-drug-probe.html

There is no way that a PO employee would put a bag of rocks back into the box. There is just no logical reason + it would just increase the risk of them being caught by spending more time messing with it.
Not to mention how/why would they be carrying a bag of rocks around that weighs the same as a knife?

I will say that the pics/video does seem to indicate that the box was opened or something funky happened prior to the video made.

Seller - when you shipped this did you use a new box or recycle an old one? (my apologies if this was already answered prior and I missed it).

There is no way that a PO employee would put a bag of rocks back into the box. There is just no logical reason + it would just increase the risk of them being caught by spending more time messing with it.
Not to mention how/why would they be carrying a bag of rocks around that weighs the same as a knife?

I will say that the pics/video does seem to indicate that the box was opened or something funky happened prior to the video made.

Seller - when you shipped this did you use a new box or recycle an old one? (my apologies if this was already answered prior and I missed it).
He said he reused a box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back