Baddest of all V

I love those scales. They really look great. Sure wish someone from the shop would chime in and enlighten us.
Congrats
Surfsidemel

Where those listed when the v14 was posted? I would love to see that on some other knives as well

Look at the edge of the handles, something is different about the plys...it looks like there's like a sandwich of only 3 layers < OD + Black + OD > instead of many multiple layers as on others. The plys themselves appear to be thicker to keep overall handle size the same to make up for fewer plys.

take a look at the highlighted parts of 5seven's pic:
Hh2Kw1C.jpg

don't look like as many-- but thicker-- plys from where I sit...may be just the angle...if so, I apologize for the snipe hunt :oops:

maybe 5seven 5seven could post up some more edge-on detail pics?

But right now I'm guessing a CS Nuke model with unique G10 layering. Compare the colored plys <especially around the edges> on the others that have been posted up:

zmbhntr's:
7BB3ED39-1E60-4148-9A05-E2C6C9265B2A_zpsckhhlipv.jpg

Chad's:
fmv14-jpg.1036544

fonedork's:
cb7ca259-7194-4094-9f40-ea63e311e06a-jpeg.1038178

Last edited:
I remember the description said it could be any of the colors and combos we know and some never before released - This one looks like something I've never seen before with those thicker layers like that.

Definitely something I haven't seen before on a Busse. That's why I asked for better pics of the scales! ;)

[ ] Never released Gray and Black G10
[ ] Tequila Sunrise G10
[ ] Black and Yellow G10
[ ] Desert Storm G10
[ ] Solid Olive Green G10
[ ] Snow Hole Linen Micarta
[ ] Jungle Storm G10
[ ] Black Paper Micarta
[ ] Dark Tiger Hide Linen Micarta
[ ] Unknown?

[ ] Never released Gray and Black G10
[ ] Tequila Sunrise G10
[ ] Black and Yellow G10
[ ] Desert Storm G10
[ ] Solid Olive Green G10
[ ] Snow Hole Linen Micarta
[ ] Jungle Storm G10
[ ] Black Paper Micarta
[ ] Dark Tiger Hide Linen Micarta
[ ] Unknown?

I'm going with "Unknown?" on that one...;)

more

Attachments

• Vend1.jpg
    Vend1.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Vend2.jpg
    Vend2.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Vside.jpg
    Vside.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Vside2.jpg
    Vside2.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 44
It fits my hand and grip better than any of my others.

thanks for the extra snapshots...definitely a bogey out of the Wauseon compound...

that material <canvas Micarta?o_O> with that lamination of 3 or 4 plys is for sure a new one on me...

maybe a wise HOG has seen something similar, but as for me I'm still gobsmacked...IN the BEST WAY POSSIBLE :cool::thumbsup:

Back