• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

He bought knives before I received the chargeback. My opinion has not changed; I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll get my money back. I'm not going to support him via trading or buying, at least till this is resolved properly, but I'm not going to condemn him.

He could have sold one of the knives he recently traded on knife_swap and paid you back (at least partially). Or he could have used those funds for his legal team. But I guess working on his collection takes priority.

He could have sold one of the knives he recently traded on knife_swap and paid you back (at least partially). Or he could have used those funds for his legal team. But I guess working on his collection takes priority.
Who? Heath Helton?

He bought knives before I received the chargeback. My opinion has not changed; I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll get my money back. I'm not going to support him via trading or buying, at least till this is resolved properly, but I'm not going to condemn him.
You didn’t receive your chargeback at the same time as everyone else? This supposedly was a one time event The latest explanation provided was that he flagged one transaction on PP as questionable and PP took it upon themselves to chargeback every transaction he did for a year.

You didn’t receive your chargeback at the same time as everyone else? This supposedly was a one time event The latest explanation provided was that he flagged one transaction on PP as questionable and PP took it upon themselves to chargeback every transaction he did for a year.
Wow. It's funny how that only happens to Heath Helton. Apparently, when your name is Heath Helton, you get flagged by both PayPal and your bank.

Then your funds will be held until you sell all the property in question and you get a GoFundMe account set up with the beneficiary being Heath Helton.

If your name doesn't happen to be Heath Helton, not to worry. Just tell them that Heath Helton sent you.

"Birds of a feather, flock together"

Those that choose to roost with Helton, and perpetuate his scams, thanks for posting.

It makes it so much easier to ignore you.

You are right, especially pulling off the scam just before he moved. To prosecute a case like this is not an easy one considering most people he is accused of stealing from are from different states. The case can be prosecuted in the state/town he lived in when the crime was committed. I think most, if not all the larcenies were perpetrated in Kansas, and now he lives in Texas. I believe victims will have a hard time getting anyone in Kansas to investigate/prosecute the case because he moved. If someone were to compile a list of victims and dollar amounts I think an investigator in Kansas would investigate the case. It would entail each victim to respond to their local police and file a report. Written sworn statements could then be forwarded to the investigator in Kansas. The cases would be grouped together as one, and an arrest warrant would be submitted to the court. This case would take some time because the investigator would have to serve search warrants to PayPal and the bank. If I was an investigator in Kansas I would not shy away from this case, justice needs to be served.

Does this fit mail fraud???

I received the chargeback at the same time as everyone else, which was after his last recorded purchase.

This thread is already the top on Google, at least for me. I'm pretty sure this horse meat is tenderized by now.

Does this fit mail fraud???

Only if USPS was used. I however, have no confidence in the Postal Inspectors. Every case I worked with them involved them providing us the information and us (cops) investigating the case and making the arrest. My cases involving them were not theft/fraud cases though, they were all drugs.

I received the chargeback at the same time as everyone else, which was after his last recorded purchase.
You didn’t read all the posts appearently. The most recent information provided was that purchases were made after the chargebacks.

You didn’t read all the posts appearently. The most recent information provided was that purchases were made after the chargebacks.
I see. Thanks for letting me know, I'll be going back through the posts to find that. And I'll definitely be asking Heath about it.

I must have missed the post to which you were addressing your reply. I am sure that you are correct considering the subject matter, however

Just to make sure though, are you referring to a transaction involving Heath Helton?

https://imgur.com/gallery/xqMca

BUX7HsP.png

~ P.

I must have missed the post to which you were addressing your reply. I am sure that you are correct considering the subject matter, however

Just to make sure though, are you referring to a transaction involving Heath Helton?
Yeah. I had a transaction from around August of 2017 where cash from a partial trade was contested and lost via paypal chargeback in December of 2017 (same time as everyone else). I had not realized he had been making purchases after the chargeback snafu occurred; I assumed he was only selling/raffling what he already had and was going to use that cash to pay back those he owed, so I'll be looking into that.

Back