1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

3. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Balls_tothe_Walls (Heath Helton) is a scammer

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by thtieu, Dec 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    dont think anyone thinks y'all who are affected are bad folks?

its holidays and all, but still.....one would think mr. balls being so engaged in buying and selling and affecting so many folks that the holiday stuff would go to the back burner and righting wrongs would come first.

hope y'all get righted.

2. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Maybe this type of problem can be avoided in the future, by not attaching a high limit credit card to a paypal account. I use a debit card, with a controlled balance, and no overdraft protection.
    By checking card account balances, and pending charges every few days, it can be an effective way of catching fraudulent activity.
    The cyber thieves are getting better, and they’re here to stay.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    JJHollowman likes this.
  3. stonproject

stonproject Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 22, 2013
    All I can say is if I was in BTTW's shoes, I would not be silent for so long, it casts a shadow of doubt on the situation.

4. Cereal_killer

Cereal_killer

Apr 4, 2013
    Why has BTTW hidden his online status and made his profile private? Was it like that before?

5. cf1969

cf1969 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 24, 2011
    When this thread first started it was public Ck.

6. Cereal_killer

Cereal_killer

Apr 4, 2013
    Well that's unsettling...

moshow9 likes this.
  7. timw1

timw1 Swamp Yankee Platinum Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Quoted (saved) for future reference.

Lone_Wolfe likes this.
  8. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    I was the victim of credit card fraud in the past also. My experience was like yours. Only charges I had identified as not mine were charged back to the merchants.

9. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    That is how mine have gone also, but I do not know what went on behind the scenes and none of my transactions were with individuals(who would be more inclined to contact me with problems). I never took any further action, other then to sign a statement(I believe) to the truth/correctness of my claim. Others have had all their transactions charged back. I don't know why. Maybe has something to do with how they originally file the claim. Rather inefficient way of handling it IMO. Good are good. Follow up on the bad.

10. LastRodeo

LastRodeo Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Not only is the credit card company charging back the good, as well as the bad, they are continuing to do it months after the good transactions were approved/authorized by them (which was after the original fraud was reported to them and the credit card used for the fraud was closed).

I can tell you one thing, if on top of that I was charged a fine by that bank, I would demand to know what bank it is and report them to the Office of Thrift Supervison, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Office of the Comptroller of Currency and my states Department of Consumer Protection.

11. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    ^^^ There may be a piece or 2 missing from this puzzle

JohnWE and stonesell like this.
  12. moshow9

moshow9 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2010
    In and of itself it might not be a big thing, but I think it is telling that @Balls_tothe_Walls has not left any feedback for any of his transactions. Even more so that he has disappeared from this thread.

13. stonesell

Feb 20, 2009
    I hope that he is busy “fixing” everything.
    He hasn’t been here too long, although he started out well, with good feedback. Now he’s gone all clandestine, and is mostly unresponsive.
    If a person was serious about getting the affected parties straightened out, they would just put a bunch of cash into their paypal account as neeeded.
    Seems like he may have just wandered off.......

14. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    If this were really what was happening, and it was me, I'd be really leery of depositing any cash at all to paypal. I'd be afraid they might seize that, too. And that's assuming I even had that much cash available.

15. stonesell

Feb 20, 2009
    You are probably right. Paypal can be quite complicated.

16. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    He's still selling or offering to sell here on BF :rolleyes: - according to PROFILE POSTS on the Forum Page.

I hope you "old" guys are getting clear of his mess. :(

Ray

17. TOMBSTONE

TOMBSTONE

Oct 31, 1998
    I can only speak for my own experiences. I've had several cards over the years some visa debit and some regular credit cards with fraudulent charges. One was $3,000.00 in an electronics store. I've never had any of the institutions do a mass charge back on all transactions. I scanned the charges identified the questionable charges and the fraud division took my information and charged back only the selected transactions.

18. gonebad395

gonebad395 Ironworker!

May 19, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Well he’s on and still at least trying to sell on here. If it was me I would slow up on the selling and speed up on the fixing.

stonesell likes this.
  19. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator Pirate

Apr 25, 2000
    gonebad395, moshow9 and stonesell like this.
  20. Gregory Poux

Gregory Poux

Jul 27, 2017
    Thank you @gonebad395 and @Boru13 for contacting me and making me aware of his situation.
    I am really surpised to hear of all of this. I traded a knife with him a while back. My Herucus Blomerus ll15 for his Doc Shiffer. I contacted him immediately after receiving the shiffer because the action on it was just not right... He told me he had raffle my knife the next day after receiving it and the new owner took it home. On the positive side, He did make it right. I sent him the shiffer back and he paid me the sale price of the LL15. If what he is saying is true, and Fraud occurred. I would definitely keep a low profile and try to avoid any transaction until all of this clears out.

moshow9 and gonebad395 like this.