• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bark mammoth ivory Slipjoint

Really nice snappy little slip joint. The blade and spring are 154CPM, the body is 416 with integral double bolsters. The inlays are bark mammoth ivory with gold plated 0-80 screws. It has a single Dellana dot for ambidextrous opening. Fully flush in all three positions. 3 1/4" closed and 5 3/4 inches open.
Any comments are extremely welcome.
$300 USD
Thanks for looking
Steve
bark-mammoth-slippy-1.jpg bark-mammoth-slippy-2.jpg bark-mammoth-slippy-3.jpg

Very nice work just like the others you have done recently, the dots look like they would work better then a nick.

I like the dot better than a nick. You get a grip from both sides of the blade and you don't end up ripping out a nail when trying to open the knife.
Or not be able to fit your thumb nail into the nick. Just squeeze and pull.
Steve

Did you sell this knife? Would be interested! Can you tell me if that crack on the one side is stable? If you have sold this, can you tell me if you are building anymore like this one? Thanks!

FT

Frontier
Glad you like the knife. The crack is stable.
That specific knife has been sold but I do have another batch of the same design on the table right now.
Shoot me a private message or email me at srv@wightman.ca and we can discuss what you are looking for.
Thanks
Steve

I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to break apart! I do agree with you that the knife has character! I was taken by it the minute I saw it! Very nice! I really like the way this one is designed, with the button instead of the nick! That's kind of classy!

ft

Hey Michael, sorry it has taken so long to getting back here! It has been kinda busy around here! Yeh, I think you have a real fine knife there, if you hadn't bought that one I would have! As it turns out, I have one like it on it's way to me! I had Steve make mind just a bit bigger! I'm getting antsy! Later!

Back